Medical Dosimetrist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Innovative certified Medical Dosimetrist with experience leading individuals and groups of people in patient care settings. Possesses extensive knowledge, able to lead and follow in medical dosimetry, radiation therapy, as well as in creating communication and process solutions. Successful trainer of new staff members in coordination with the supervising physicist. Oversees and reviews treatment plans and calculations for complex clinical procedures, and assists as requested with research and development projects.
- Medical Dosimetry
- Radiation Therapy Technology
- Collaborative Efforts
- Training Development
- Leadership and Communications
- Developed radiology training document for JCAHO site visit that significantly improved preparedness of radiology staff enabling the radiology department to pass the review.
- Established continuing education program for a staff of 35 at standalone oncology facility, causing improved patient care.
- Initiated and produced quality assurance standard operating procedures needed for NY State Health department inspection of new facility.
Xyz Medical Center | Washington, DC
Chief Medical Dosimetrist | Mar 2016-Present
- Attend morning meetings to gather information on patients for the day.
- Import and contour new patients simulated the day before.
- Develop 3D, IMRT, SRS, and SRT plans.
- Complete treatment plans and submit to physicians for review and approval.
- Create digitally reproduced radiographs for verification of treatment location.
- Prepare electronic documents of approved plan and import to record and verify system.
- Initiate standard operating dosimetry procedures for the department.
Yza Medical Center | Baltimore, MD
Senior Medical Dosimetrist | May 2015-Jan 2016
- Collaboratively worked with physicians regarding treatment intentions for each patient.
- Oriented and instructed physicists on the use of the Eclipse Treatment Planning System.
- Demonstrated brief examples of medical dosimetry and showed sample plans to medical students.
- Rendered 3D and IMRT dosimetry using Varian Eclipse Treatment Planning System.
- Published treatment plan, prepared chart, and input record verifying data (IMPAC).
Associates in Medical Physics | Greenbelt, MD
Senior Medical Dosimetrist | May 2011-May 2015
- Efficiently rendered clinical dosimetry support at several medical facilities in the Washington DC- Baltimore area.
- Pioneered IMRT program at new stand-alone radiation oncology facility.
- Oversaw new and or complex simulation and treatment techniques.
- Furnished 3D and IMRT treatment planning for external beam using XIO and Pinnacle.
- Organized treatment chart as well as input record and verified data utilizing VARIS and LANTIS.
Zab | Baltimore, MD
Medical Dosimetrist | Apr 2008-Apr 2011
- Supplied clinical dosimetry support to six outside offices.
- Conducted quality assurance of charts and film processing.
- Rendered clinical instruction of radiological students and physician interns.
- Fulfilled 3D treatment planning, using High Dose Rate (HDR) and Low Dose Rate (LDR) brachytherapy.
- Assisted Radiation Oncologists before, during, and after brachytherapy operating room procedures.
Abc Medical Center | Newport, VA
Senior Radiation Therapist | 2000-2006
Bcd Radiation Oncology | Rexford, New York
Chief Radiation Therapist | 1996-2000
Master of Science in Theology: Cde Seminary – Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Def College – Hampton, VA (offsite branch)
Associate of Applied Science in Radiation Therapy Technology: EfgCollege -City Campus – Buffalo, NY
Certification in Medical Dosimetry: (National)
Certification in Conflict Mediation: (New York State Health Department) – Albany, NY
XIO IMRT Training│Eclipse Rapid ARC Training│Nucletron Brachytherapy Training│Corvus IMRT Training
Landmark Education: Landmark Forum, Advanced Course, Self Expression and Leadership Program, Access to Power, and Power to Create
American Society of Radiologic Technologist (ASRT)
American Association of Medical Dosimetrist (AAMD)
American Association of Medical Physicists (AAPM)
African Methodist Episcopal Church
Varian Eclipse, ADAC Pinnacle, XIO
Nucletron Treatment Planning Software
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)