Non-Profit Organization Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
AREAS OF FOCUS: NON-PROFIT | CUSTOMER & COMMUNITY RELATIONS | QUALITY & OVERSIGHT
- Government and non-profit experience analyzing and monitoring systems of care, program services, federal and state compliance regulations, billing and payment, and service data. Six years of fashion marketing and sales, including trunk-show sales, showroom sales, and product seminars. Over 10 years of food and beverage industry experience.
- Highly effective team player and motivator, with exceptional people skills and effective communication, problem solving, and analytical aptitude.
- Equipped with a desire to move to a company/organization that is truly effective in carrying out its mission, embracing diversity and inclusivity, efficient in allocating and spending resources, and where honesty and integrity form the basis of all interaction between fellow employees and the customers/clients it serves.
Strategic and Operations Planning
Leadership and Team Building
Client and Customer Relations
Florida Department of Children and Families | 2012-Present
Department of Children and Families with an annual budget of $2.9B and 12,686 personnel; with the mission, “Protect the Vulnerable, Promote Strong and Economically Self-Sufficient Families, and Advance Personal and Family Recovery and Resiliency.”
UNIT MANAGER, CONTRACT OVERSIGHT, Miami, FL | 2017-Present
- Increased overall production from 14 onsite monitoring annually to 28 representing 40 contracts totaling 260 million dollars in contract funds.
- Lead Monitor, organized, utilized, and managed a COU staff of 15 to carry out both onsite monitoring projects for the administrative and programmatic monitoring of OurKids of Miami-Dade/Monroe, Inc. and ChildNet, Inc. the largest Non-Profit Community Based Child Welfare contract providers in the State totaling over 160 million annually in contract funds. Identified and reported 130 items of noncompliance resulting in corrective action and the implementation of more accountability statewide.
- Developed a “staff hour-unit measure” tool utilizing excel software that is currently used statewide to validate units reported and billed identifying overbilling and resulting in revisions to the Florida Administrative Code.
- Developed and implemented a process of evaluation and work production by utilizing Microsoft office products, training, motivating, and mentoring staff resulting in higher quality, performance, and production of contract oversight processes.
- Program areas of oversight monitoring: Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Refugee, Child Welfare, Persons with Disabilities, and Adult Service Program contract providers.
GOVERNMENT ANALYST 1, ABC COMPANY, Jacksonville, FL | 2014-2017
- Lead Monitor for 36 of 91 contract providers monitored consisting of 39% of overall unit production.
- Identified and reported on hundreds of federal regulations, state statutes, and administrative code compliance issues resulting in the development and implementation of corrective action.
- Developed and implemented strategies for importing and analyzing data leading to the development and creation of validation tools that are now utilized in certifying units of service billed, saving thousands of dollars and allowing for the redirection of funds where vital services are needed.
- Developed a cataloging system that reconciles tools with the support documents that increase efficiency and accuracy of report writing.
CONTRACT MANAGER, CDE INSTITUTE, Jacksonville, FL | 2013-2014
- Managed 18 contracts totaling 49 million dollars in contract funds annually.
- Increased the performance of contract providers by identifying deficiencies in their data reporting, making quarterly site visits, providing technical assistance, distributing operational changes, and identifying best practices and lessons learned in a timely manner.
ECONOMIC SELF-SUFFICIENCY SPECIALIST I, Jacksonville, FL | 2012-2013
- Assessed clients’ eligibility for benefits and services.
MEDICAID WAIVER CASE MANAGER, Jacksonville, FL | 2011-2012
- Created an excel tickler system database to identify and meet eligibility timeline requirements to ensure no breaks in service for 55 Medicaid Waiver clients.
- Counseled clients to utilize the services they needed as opposed to all services they were eligible for, saving the system-of-care limited resources and the ability to serve a larger population.
- Community outreach efforts led to an increase in the number of clients served.
- Audits of my work reported 100% compliance in meeting Federal, State, funder, and organizational requirements that ensured continued funding for the agency overall.
EARLIER CAREER EXPERIENCE
POST PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, Efg Company, Los Angeles, CA | 2000-2002
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, Hij Company, New York, NY | 1996-2000
- Promoted to Trunk Show Coordinator due to increased sales and customer relationship building.
- Organized and performed trunk shows nationwide with major department stores and luxury retail boutiques.
- Conducted collection-training clinics with major stores in New York City and its surrounding area.
- Created and implemented a process for a merchandise exchange, utilizing a data system that trackedall merchandise sold creating a cleaner sell through, increased profits, and greater customer satisfaction.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, Jkl Company, New York, NY | 1994-1996
- Functioned as Administrative Assistant to the directors of three dress divisions that accounted for 80% of the company’s revenues.
- Progressively promoted to showroom sales, administering the coordination of both Dallas and Atlanta Apparel Marts that increased has sales.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY, MINOR IN RELIGIOUS STUDIES: 2009
XZY International University, Miami, FL
Graduated cum laude | GPA: 3.62 | Dean’s List All Semesters
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification: 2018
Contract Management Certification: 2013
Reiki Advanced Practitioner Certification: 2008
US Sommelier Association Certificate: 2007
VOLUNTARY AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Volunteer, Unity on the Bay, Miami, FL
Volunteer Reiki Practitioner
Volunteer, San Francisco Center for Living, San Francisco, CA
Volunteer Marketing Assistant, Inspirit, Los Angeles, CA
Volunteer, Body Positive, Miami, FL
Volunteer, Manhattan Center for Living, New York, NY
Volunteer, GMHC, New York, NY
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Various Data Systems: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Information System (SAMHIS), Florida Safe Family Network (FSFN), Incident Reporting and Analysis System (IRAS), DOC Vault, Refugee Service Data System (RSDS), Contract Evaluation Reporting System (CERS), Contract Oversight Data System, and Knowledge-based Information Technology (KIT) Solutions
Lotus Notes, Email, and Internet