Online Communications Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Online Communication Manager
Innovative, well-organized, and technically savvy professional, with solid academic background and progressive years of experience in the implementation and upgrade/migration projects, such as CommonSpot (45 individual sites in 44 languages), Clickability (45 individual sites in 44 languages), The Platform (multimedia FTP database and players), and SharePoint (200 individual sites). Equipped with broad-based knowledge of CSS, CMS, HTML, and Custom Template, with proven adeptness in user interface optimization and usability improvement. Effective in providing hands-on leadership in managing websites’ information architecture utilizing best practices and CMS expertise. Capable of directing and coordinating website development; feasibility; general layout, content, branding, site features, and information architecture; functionality maintenance; Google analytics data analysis. Experienced in handling and deploying various websites from one CMS into multiple templates and layouts. Currently studying Master of Arts degree with concentration in Strategic Online Communication.
- Accustomed to working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, establishing long-term quality relationships and fostering mutual respect to drive the attainment of planned goals and objectives.
- Excel at accomplishing goals and demonstrating effectiveness within competitive and challenging environment.
- Gained experience working as POC of outside vendors, which provided applications and software to the agency.
- Display outstanding communication skills; conversational in English and Korean languages.
- New Media Project Management and Completion
- Multiple Program Management
- New Web Application and Platforms Integration
- Website Analysis and Strategic Planning
- Creative Innovation and Implementation
- Client Needs Assessment
- Online Communications Coordination
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Website Graphic Design and Advice
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Flash, Premier)
- Google Analytics | Dalet Audio Editor
- The Platform (Flash Media Player/Community Building Application)
- Microsoft SharePoint | SharePoint Designer 2007 and 2010 | Microsoft Office Suite
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) | Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML)
- KickApps (Media Player and Community Building Tool)
- Content Management System (Clickability, CommonSpot Ver.4 & 5)
The Voice of America (VOA) | Washington, DC, 2014–Present
Web Applications/CMS Coordinator, Enterprise Applications | 2018–Present
Proficiently handle the migration to Microsoft Office 356 as well as the upgrade of SharePoint 2007 to 2010, migrating more than 200 individual sites under 2 site collections into new the CMS. Manage the operation of more than 250 BBG/IBB/VOA intranet sites through implementation of Microsoft SharePoint MOSS 2007 and other related 3rd party web-parts. Develop productive relationship with site managers and division managers to expeditiously address and resolve daily on-site issues; provide support to intranet site managers and editors. Expertly manage the creation of inclusive and exclusive rights-and-permission settings per office’s needs.
- Played a key role in the design and implementation of a new Content Management System (CMS); utilized expertise in multimedia asset management and online community building; identified service needs through customization of one CMS into various layouts.
- Applied best practices in designing and building numerous intranet sites, which resulted in the achievement of services/offices’ strategic goals, in close collaboration with various service/office managers.
- Utilized expertise in multiple programs and web applications through establishment and administration of the agency’s Intranet, resulting in maintenance of over 200 intranet sites.
- Dealt with the design, creation, and completion of multimedia players on the VOANews.com websites with Kickapps Widget Applications for over 25 language services’ websites.
- Streamlined and improved user experience through design and development of Master Page templates for MS SharePoint (SP) Intranet sites.
- Recognized for outstanding performance and received Certificate of Appreciation from Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) in 2018.
- Handled the successful completion of a master page template for migration of over 200 sites (ongoing project).
- Drove the attainment of departments/office’s strategic goals by building internet/intranet sites.
Web Application Manager, Office of New Media | 2016–2018
Demonstrate proficiency in providing support to the implementation of Content Management Systems (CMSs), which include Clickability and CommonSpot, in 44 languages . Conceptualize and adopt creative ideas in designing and supporting an interactive social community building/branding process for VOA language services. Exemplify commitment in sharing knowledge, structuring several media player interface layouts and facilitating instruction to site editors in managing multi-media assets (video/audio) on the VOA Internet sites. In the Office New Media of VOA; coordinate the operation of 44 language service internet websites. Establish mutual working relationship with vendors, which provide technical services to VOANews.com as well as other offices and services in the agency during the CMS project completion
- Built and fostered solid alliances with web CSS designers and IT developer’s teams as well as with cross-cultural editors, which resulted in significant improvement of websites’ user interface.
- Arranged and completed multiple media player layouts and several online communities focusing on different audience groups through Kickapps web-based application.
- Worked as a team member; successfully transferred and migrated 45 websites from CommonSpot 5.0 to Clickability.
- Led the establishment of intranet sites for Voice of America’s multiple divisions and offices.
Web Content Editor, Korean Language Service | 2014–2016
Functioned as website content editor, managing and maintaining the agency’s website. Administered and coordinated the maintenance of VOA Korean Service website. Converted and reformatted broadcast audio contents and articles for the web broadcasting and publishing. Performed live newscasts in Korean for the VOA Korean radio news shows.
- Modified and implemented changes on the site content of the originally aired format into web-friendly version.
- Contributed in the creation and publication of articles, flash files, and audio materials for the VOA website.
- Displayed creativity in drafting Korean articles based on English and Korean materials to be used for the United States State Department statements and The White House press conference.
- Identified and accommodated target audience’s needs and specifications in creating and editing website content.
Intern, 2012–2013, Atlantic Video Inc. | Washington, DC, USA
Interpreter, 2011–2012, Royal Fashion Optical | Daegu, Korea
The George Washington University | Washington, DC, USA
Master of Arts in Media and Public Affairs, Concentration in Strategic Online Communication, Ongoing
Kyungpook National University | Daegu, South Korea
Coursework toward Master of Arts in English Literature, 2012
Kyungpook National University | Daegu, South Korea
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication, 2011
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, 2011
Adobe Dreamweaver | Adobe Flash | HTML Editing | CMS (Clickability) | CMS (CommonSpot Ver. 4 & 5)
Awards and Honors
Certificate of Appreciation from Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), 2018
Letter of Appreciation from Blue House (Korean President), 2011
Received Letter of Appreciation as Interpreter for Korean Culture and Tourism Minister
Scholarships Based on Scholastic Record, Kyungpook National University, 2006–2011
Volunteer Creative Director, IntersectionHEALTH, 2018
Volunteer/Online Communication Advisor, ARC, 2018
Interpreter, Dae-gu Universiade Olympics, Daegu, Korea, 2011