Paralegal Sample Resume
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Enthusiastic, dynamic and analytical professional, with broad-based experience in preparing and compiling a wide array of legal documents, records and files with high degree of confidentiality, quality and accuracy. Integrate astute real estate background and skills with strong drive to succeed. Interested to pursue an engaging position in the paralegal industry to proactively utilize skills and expertise honed through years of technical and administrative expertise. Equipped with excellent research and client relations skills, coupled with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage a broad range of responsibilities.
Core competencies include:
- Legal/Paralegal Operations
- General Management/Administration
- Research and Development
- Real Estate/Property Selling
- Public Relations
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Legal and Office Documentation
- Technical and Software Acumen
- Leadership and Team Building
Legal/Paralegal | Administrative Work
- Acquired strong command of legal terminology, administrative and court procedures, as well as law office practices and procedures, and legal theories to brief cases. Efficiently prepared legal work products and documents.
- Proficiently drafted and authored pleadings, memoranda of law, motion for summary judgment, petition for review, advice letter and contract.
- Carried out key legal tasks including identification of jurisdiction and venue, deadlines calculation, and gathering of information and responses to discovery.
- Drafted petitions and solely researched statutes, laws and cases.
- Evaluated and organized documents, such as contracts and related statistical data and reports. Revised newsletter articles and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provided computer-based research in Westlaw and Lexis-Nexis and paper resources, such as case reporters, ALR Annotations, treatises and restatements to conduct legal research.
- Engaged in trainings in Time Matters, Accurint, ELMO and numerous office programs.
Real Estate Integration
- Proactively promoted sales of properties through advertisements, open houses and participation in multiple listing services.
- Coordinated with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors and pest control operators to ensure achievement of terms and conditions of purchase agreements before closing dates.
- Performed market research, assessed findings and conveyed related findings to specific client.
- Provided research, analysis and discussions of concepts, processes and procedures related to real estate concerns and issues.
PARALEGAL INTERN City of Austin, Austin, TX | Jun 2011–Aug 2011
REALTOR Company Xyz, Temple, TX | Jul 2007–Present
REALTOR Company Wxy, Temple, TX | Oct 2005–Jul 2007
MASTER OF ARTS IN LEGAL STUDIES: Expected Graduation: Dec 2011
ABC University San Marcos, TX
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE: 2002
DEF University Killeen, TX
Paralegal Certificate: Aug 2011
Texas Real Estate License
Texas Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) | Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro | LexisNexis (Accurint and Time Matters) | Westlaw | ProDoc