Patient Care Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
PATIENT CARE MANAGER
High-powered, enthusiastic, and seasoned manager offering immeasurable success in healthcare administration, compliance facilitation, and auditing. Possess stellar reputation in planning, creating, and developing strategies and plans while maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies. Recognized as a natural born leader and hands-on manager proficient in healthcare trends as well as in new and emerging technologies. Knowledgeable of other information pertinent in achieving the key goals of cost containment, effective service, and high quality health care. Proven effectiveness in a fiercely competitive, challenging, and team-oriented environment while juggling to multiple priorities.
- Healthcare Administration and Operations
- Program Management and Development
- Quality Control and Regulatory Compliance
- Process / Performance Improvement
- Outstanding Patient Care and Relations
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Budget and Time Management
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio), Meditech (Magic and 6.0), ProClarity, DR Systems Web Ambassador/PACS, PICIS OR Manager, Imprivata
Abc Hospital | Little Rock, AR | 2012-Present
Patient Care Manager | Oct 2015–Present
Leverage outstanding interpersonal skills in establishing rapport with diverse professional staff of all departments to attain hospital goals and meet the established guidelines. Competently function as a customer service liaison tasked to investigate complaints and provide resolutions to patient/family grievance, care provider issues, and other staff concerns. Administer all aspects of coordinating and managing staff training for implementation of new policies or processes. Render dynamic leadership in coaching and mentoring more than 70 staff, accountable for maintaining the ACH behavior standards. Perform administrative duties, such as managing staffing schedule, time off requests, call-ins, and clinic cancellations.
- Gained recognition as a role model professional demonstrating notable developmental and critical thinking.
- Proficiently performed human resources duties, such as overseeing applicant screening, interview, orientation, and competency review as well as conducting 90-day and annual employee evaluations.
- Ensured superior clinical proficiency and staff performance efficiency in the clinic.
- Contributed in leading the entire dental outreach programs, from start up to implementation and daily operations.
- Fully orchestrated overall spectrum of the ongoing South Wing Project (ENT and Dental Clinics) development, including current equipment inventory, analysis of projected equipment needs, new equipment quote requests, and budget proposals.
Specialty Nurse, Gastroenterology | Feb 2014–Oct 2015
Delivered exemplary performance in interviewing patients and their family regarding health history, performing complete physical exam, as well as monitoring and reporting symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions. Managed and scheduled patient appointments for the clinic, ambulatory surgery center, day medicine infusion therapy, as well as laboratory and radiology procedures while working with PCPs offices regarding new patient appointments and treatment.
- Provided accurate information to patients and their families concerning symptoms, disease process, and treatment plan.
- Vastly contributed as a co-organizer and MC for the 1st Annual Inflammatory Bowel Disease Day.
- Imparted knowledge and skills by presenting and discussing various topics at GI specialists for Certified Pediatric Nurses review class at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH).
Staff Nurse, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit | Jan 2012–Feb 2014
Provided utmost primary nursing care for critically ill pediatric patients.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing | 2018| ABC University at Little Rock | Little Rock, AR
Diploma in Registered Nurse Program | 2011| Baptist School of Nursing | Little Rock, AR
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology | 2008 | ABC University at Little Rock | Little Rock, AR
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certified
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Telephone Triage Conference
Patient Care Manager Skill Set Briefings
- Employee Relations
- Just Culture
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Performance Management
- Communication Excellence in the Workplace
- InSite (Electronic Staff Self Schedule System, Ambulatory Care Services Representative)
- Bedside Medication Verification
- Sigma Pump
- Electronic Telephone Interaction Form
- Meditech 6.0 Electronic Medical Record Conversion
Awards and Honors
“Crossing the Creek” by Director Terri Songer, Ambulatory Care Services
“Teamwork” by Vice President Katie Brandon, Patient Care Services
“Teamwork” by Vice President Carol Graham, Ambulatory Care Services
“Quality Improvement” by Director Terri Songer, Ambulatory Care Services
Activities and Affiliations
Clinical Emergency Preparedness Instructor (2015–Present)
Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor (2013–2017)
- Shared Governance Unit Base Council, Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Little Rock CARE Clinic, Little Rock, AR
- Annual Arkansas Children’s Hospital Wellness Fair
- Meditech 6.0 PCS Core Team, Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Nursing Pharmacy Committee, Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Alumni Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- Arkansas Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association