Patient Care Technician Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly-organized, compassionate, and dedicated nursing student, armed with all basic nursing skills and patient care functions, along with clinical rotation experience within various hospitals. Demonstrate competence in providing quality patient care, preparing and administering medications. Exhibit thorough skills rotating, adjusting, and ambulating people; as well as critical thinking and decision-making abilities despite working in stressful, fast-paced environment. Excellent team player, relied upon to execute instructions well and deal effectively with individuals from all levels. Equipped with interpersonal skills, with a compassionate and caring attitude in dealing with patients. Possess outstanding communication and organizational skills, with proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Monarch computer system.
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing: In Progress (Expected Date of Completion: May 2020)
DEFG College ▪ Poughkeepsie, NY
CPR Certification for Health Care Providers: Jun 2018
Patient Care/Assessment: Determined to provide effective patient care independently by constantly meeting and interacting with patients, making them achieve their health goals/outcomes. Competent in performing thorough physical assessments and conducting patient documentation. Capable of communicating effectively with other interdisciplinary team members, reporting on and off to registered nurses regarding patients’ status, break coverage, and switch changes.
Health Care:Experienced as a first responder to health emergencies as well as competent in providing basic first aid and wound control. Skilled at utilizing, maintaining, and calibrating all laboratory equipment such as pH meters, graduated cylinders, sonilator, lyophilizer, pelletizer, peristaltic pumps, millipore filters, along with floor and table scales. Trained in cGMP, FDA, OSHA and ISO standards and experience in complying with operating procedures.
Interpersonal/Client Relations: Adept at making clients feel extremely comfortable as well as collaborating with team members to achieve company goals and support company’s safety program. Accurately carried out instructions and reported status to superiors. Trained operators, sector leaders, and engineers on various tools, processes, and operating procedures.
Nurse Intern, Clinical Rotation
Dutchess Wingate ▪ Fishkill, NY | VwxyzHospital ▪ Poughkeepsie, NY | 2017–2018
Aided patients in their daily living activities including performing a range of motion exercises with them and interacting with their families. Checked their vital signs with proper documentation and administered patient’s medication under supervision. Helped in transferring patients to different areas, including during discharge. Assisted in teaching post-surgical patients on how to use the incentive spirometer along with the importance of early ambulation and healthy diet.
- Operations Specialist (Petty Officer 2nd Class/E5) | United States Navy ▪ Norfolk, VA | 2011–2015
- Supervised about 20 junior sailors working in the combat information center; trained new crew members in radar operations; and ensured safety of navigation and handled damage control by overseeing radar both within the ship and with other ships.
- Formulation Technician II | Mnop Pharmaceutical Corporation ▪ Danbury, CT | 2010–2011
- Formulated and produced an experimental chemical compound that delivered non-invasive inhalation therapy of insulin called technosphere.
- Sector/Team Leader| Company Xyz ▪ Fishkill, NY | 2007–2010
- Achieved zero product loss while working on machines which processed microchips, developing and executing safe and efficient operations of process tools. Executed new strategies and resolved problems to increase production.
Peer Tutor (Individual and Group), Physiology, Microbiology and Nursing classes: 2017–Present | Member, DEFG College Nursing Club: 2018–Present w Volunteer, NY Blood Center Sign-in station: Spring 2017 | Participant, Multiple Sclerosis 5k Walk: May 2018 w Volunteer and Participant, Alzheimer Walk: Fall 2018