Polysomnographic Technologist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Dedicated, passionate, and compassionate clinical individual with demonstrated and unyielding practice in performing polysomnography and obstructive sleep disorders, respiratory therapy, and neurodiagnostics. Utilize comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques related to EEG, respiratory therapy, and polysomnography equipment. Exhibit extensive familiarity of sleep disorders and the use of polysomnographic methods for its diagnosis and treatment. Apply familiarity of current respiratory care practices as well as effective and safe approaches in administering pulmonary therapies and interventions. Display proven exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to cultivate and maintain rapport with large groups of individuals.
- Treatment Planning
- Clinical Practices
- Case Management
- Testing and Therapeutic Intervention
- Equipment Maintenance
- Patient Relations Management
ABC Hospital Sleep Laboratory | Syracuse, NY
Registered Respiratory Therapist / Registered Polysomnographic Lead Technologist | 2012–Present
- Involved in establishing new sleep center and comprehensive training to new technologist on adult, pediatric, and neonatal sleep disorder testing.
- Attend and complete neurodiagnostics cross-training.
- Assume full responsibility in managing daily maintenance of technical equipment and supplies.
- Spearhead strategic efforts in preparing, analyzing, and scoring sleep studies for physician interpretation.
- Play a pivotal part in the progression for sleep center accreditation.
CDE Hospital Sleep Laboratory | Syracuse, NY
Registered Respiratory Therapist /Polysomnographer | 2011–2012
- Utilized CPAP, BIPAP, and transcutaneous end tidal CO2 in providing diagnostic services to adult, pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Administered the preparation, review, and scoring of sleep studies for physician interpretation.
- Organized the City of New York’s AWAKE program, and provided CPAP and BIPAP support.
EFG Sleep Services | Syracuse, NY (2003–2011)
Supervisor of Diagnostic Services | 2009-2011
- Provided expert oversight in supervising a staff of polysomnographers while establishing and directing sleep laboratories for five locations throughout the City of New York.
- Supported technicians in executing daily tasks and preparing for board certifications.
- Implemented administrative functions, which included hiring, staff scheduling, and employee performance evaluations.
Chief Polysomnographer 2006–2009
- Managed therapists and polysomnographers performing therapy on patients, along with offering on-call support for nights and weekends, as necessary.
- Developed and maintained all diagnostic equipment, addressing and resolving issues to ensure proper operating conditions at all times.
EFG Sleep Services | Syracuse, NY
General Electric | Syracuse, NY
Ocean and Radar Systems Technician
Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy
FGH College | Syracuse, NY
Board Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
Certification from The Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine & Technology
Certified Respiratory Therapist Technician – National Board for Respiratory Care
Registered Respiratory Therapist – National Board for Respiratory Care
Certified Windows NT 4.0 Network Engineer – Syracuse University
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care – Adult, Pediatric, and Neonatal
American Association for Respiratory Care (2005-Present)
Association of Polysomnographic Technologists (2004-Present)