Portfolio Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Astute, dynamic, and highly competitive banking/financial services professional, with MBA degree in Finance complemented with verifiable qualifications in commercial lending, financial management, business development, statement and cash flow analysis, accounting concepts, drafting and reviewing loan documentation, and conflict negotiations. Enthusiastic to continue a challenging career within the banking/financial services industry to effectively utilize knowledge, skills, and experience in all aspects and at all levels of banking and loan administration.
Commercial Lending: Formally credit trained and detail-oriented professional with expertise, proven organizational and analytical skills, and multitasking capabilities in fast-paced environments. Experienced in expanding and servicing lending portfolios consisting of large corporate to small business customers as well as niche precious metals and leasing markets; well-versed in C & I and asset – based transactions.
Credit Analysis/Administration: Tenacious, quick thinker and problem solver with proficiency in synthesizing diverse and complicated financial concepts/information, including loan workouts.
Business Development/Sales: Proven business development skills with innate relationship-building qualities, along with strong public relations and leadership abilities leading to consistent growth; consistently exceeded new business call quotas by 125%.
Supervisory Skills: Supervised numerous teams of bankers/salespeople, including lending officers at two major regional banks and the entire lending function at a federally insured credit union. Also, managed a loan production office with aggregate exposure approaching $200MM.
Branch Management: Oversaw three branches of increasing size and responsible for deposit and loan growth; repeatedly nominated for manager of the year.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Personal responsibility for lending portfolios of $65MM and $30MM whose clients ranged from publicly held corporations to small to mid-size businesses.
- Evaluated and performed in-depth credit analysis recommending loan renewals, modifications, and new deals in cooperation with a 5 person team of lenders with $50MM in commitments.* Managed a loan production office overseeing a $200MM portfolio, representing 50% of the bank’s portfolio.
- Participated as a voting member of senior credit committee and as chairman of a credit committee.
- Proactively monitored and visited clients to conduct independent review of credit quality, client risk/exposure, and risk ratings to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of legal documents for an assigned portfolio.
- Reviewed over 800 underperforming / non-performing loans while working in the managed asset/workout division of a large multinational commercial bank.
- Drafted detailed reports regarding the nature of a business, causes of loan default, summary of servicing action, liquidation efforts, and action taken to pursue the obligor/guarantor; submitted documents to the Small Business Administration with an aim to recover 50% of the bank’s loan balance.
- Analyzed management, industry, company competitors, financial performance and loan structure to consistently exceed loan production goals.
- Functioned as a senior account executive in the wholesale mortgage banking industry for banks and large financial service companies.
- Identified, built, and maintained more than 90 new broker relationships over a 3 year period and generated on average monthly outstanding of $1.5 – $2MM with a closing ratio of 50% in an extremely competitive and weak market.
- Served as an active member of a three man senior management team and led the entire sales, new business, and marketing efforts of a $12MM division for a privately held corporation.
- Effectively led, trained, and supervised new and underperforming account executives in collaboration with senior management to improve overall profit as well as develop job aids and tools to enhance performance.
- Spearheaded new business and marketing efforts and increased sales by 20%.
- Singlehandedly developed a national marketing plan for attracting new business in the Midwest and succeeded in growing the portfolio to $20MM over a two year period.
ABC BANK OF RHODE ISLAND, WARWICK, RI
Contract Employee, Managed Assets Division | 2017-2018
DEF BANKING, SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND
Account Executive | 2010-2016
GHI INTERNATIONAL, PAWTUCKET, RI
National Sales Manager | 2004-2010
JKL UNION, PROVIDENCE, RI
MNO BANK, PROVIDENCE, RI
Vice President, Commercial Banking/Precious Metals
PQR BANK OF RHODE ISLAND, PROVIDENCE, RI
Vice President, Team Leader, Commercial Banking
STU NATIONAL BANK, PROVIDENCE, RI
Vice President, Precious Metals Group
WXYZ BANK, PROVIDENCE, RI
Vice President, Retail and Commercial Banking Group
Master of Business Administration in Finance
ABC COLLEGE, DEF GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, CHESTNUT HILL, MA
Bachelor of Science in Economics
JHI COLLEGE, RIVERDALE, NY
Ongoing Credit/Banking Seminars
Credit Training Program