Project Controls Engineer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Dedicated, analytical, and exceptionally detailed professional, with Masters of Science in Construction Management and Industrial Engineering, coupled with progressive experience in project management specializing on specification, cost, and quality standards. Equipped with solid communication and relationship building skills along with an aptitude to work well with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy client and achieve company goals.
- Possess extensive background in estimating and scheduling through Primavera 3/6 application.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scopes; thoroughly analyze situations that require evaluations of indefinable factors.
- Capability to work independently in completing upgrades, preventive maintenance, and resolutions.
- Display communication skills; multi-lingual in English, Hindi, and Telugu languages.
- Adept at performing routine troubleshooting and repairs on the assigned projects, as well as in identifying and resolving complex problem while working within the production process.
- Capable to handle and administer data bases including Access and SQL data bases.
- Adept at analyzing potential risks while conducting cost control and reporting project changes.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Project Management and Operations
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Process and Productivity Improvement
- Quality Control and Safety Compliance
- Conflict Problem Resolution
- Negotiation and Contract Specification
- Value Engineering
- Final Construction and Documentation
The ABCD Group, LLC | Baton Rouge, LA
PROJECT CONTROLS/FIELD ENGINEER (Project worth: $60M) 2009-Present
- Demonstrate proficiency in executing P3 schedule preparation, maintenance, and completion.
- Expertly administer and handle the execution of Request For Information (RFI), Field Change Request (FCR), and Field Change Notice (FCN) extra work orders, change orders, and submittals.
- Apply dynamic expertise in cost estimation and field audits analysis; handle multiple estimation drawing releases for tracking changes to ensure proper alteration within budget constraints.
- Establish and sustain constant communication with senior management by providing reports and evaluation on project status and issues on a weekly/monthly basis; strategically analyze, identify, and troubleshoot cost issues.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge in spreadsheet, word processing, Access, and other applications to efficiently perform assigned tasks, such as job order processing and data entry.
- Proficiently handle the documentation of quality control and quality assurance.
- Broadened technical skills in basics of Primavera (P3) through modification of various project schedules.
- Enhanced proficiency and knowledge in field operations and project controls engineering.
- Developed familiarity in creating phenolic and wire tags.
- Involved and regularly participated in QA/QC and document control training.
DEFG Constructions Pvt. Ltd. | Hyderabad, India
- Served as project team lead and contributed in the completion of a project.
- Exemplified talent in principles of construction management and scheduling as well as safety management.
GHIJ University | Baton Rouge, LA
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT, Industrial Engineering 2009
- Provided exemplary assistance and support to Dr. Laura Ikuma in teaching principles of engineering economics and engineering statistics.
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT, Construction Management and Safety 2008
- Built and cultivated long-term quality relationship with Dr. Laura Ikuma through creation and implementation of safety course for COSS certification; administered the execution of homework and grading solutions.
- Applied dynamic leadership skills by tutoring students during office hours and grading all assignments and examinations.
JKLM University | Warangal, India
INTERN, Electronic CAD Laboratory (ECE Department) 2007
- Took part in designing and developing an energy meter to calculate prepaid units utilizing C language.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, GPA: 3.82/4|2009
GHIJ University, Baton Rouge, LA
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING, GPA: 3.7/4|2007
JKLM Institute of Technology and Science, Warangal, India
Basic Orientation Plus (BOP) Certification of OSHA, Baton Rouge Safety Council
- Project Engineering
- Engineering Economics
- Linear Programming Methods
- Statistical Inference 1 and 2
- Business Systems Improvement with
- Lean Tools
- Occupational Biomechanics
- Quality Control and Six-sigma
- Work Physiology
- Manufacturing Systems Design
Member, Alpha Pi Mu
APPLICATIONS: Microsoft Access, Office, Project, and Primavera (P3 and P6)
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: C, Data Structures, C++, SQL, and Linux OS
SOFTWARE: SAS, MATLAB, VHDL, MINITAB, SPSS
Effects of physical and mental activity on heart rate variability (HRV)-Thesis | LSU, 2008-2009 – Studied the impact of physical and mental tasks of varying intensity and rest on the power spectrum of the heart. Applied in-depth knowledge in mathematical tools such as Fourier transforms and subjective workload assessment tools, such as NASA-TLX.
- Uses of SIPs (structural insulated panels) as an alternative to traditional stick build | LSU, 2008 – Conducted thorough analysis in utilizing the SIPS as a green house material, life cycle costs of SIPS and stick build were calculated and compared.
- Process improvement in construction safety | LSU, 2009 -Conducted overall review and evaluation of brick lifting on the neck muscles in Masonry by using various lean tools and suggested methods to improve the process of lifting.
- Assess reliability of a process using six sigma tools | LSU, 2008 – Evaluated and significantly improved the standards in the Baton Rouge General clinic with respect to SIX SIGMA standards, by considering rate of compliance as a main attribute for pneumonia patients, under the guidance of Dr. Liao, CMIE Dept, LSU.
- Effects of lifting on neck muscles | LSU 2008 – Led and performed experimentation to obtain EMG data for trapezuis muscle and executed multiple investigation to assess the effects, under the guidance of Dr. Aghazadeh, CMIE Dept. LSU.
- Comparison of the effectiveness of ant colony algorithm and genetic algorithm | LSU, 2008 – Utilized in-depth knowledge of MATLAB to resolve standard problems through application of both algorithms in comparing results. Spearheaded the completion of project under the supervision of Dr. Pius Egbelu, CMIE Dept. LSU.
- R. Himel, Senior Project Controls Coordinator, Phone number: 337-884-1600 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- M. Vansandt, Senior Project Controls Coordinator, Phone number: 662-415-6288, (E-mail: email@example.com)
- T. Way, Purchasing Manager, Phone number: 307-687-6955, (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- L. Ikuma, Assistant Professor, CMIE dept. LSU, Phone number: 225-578-5364, (E-mail: email@example.com)