Regional Sales Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Focus of Interest: Marin/Sonoma County-based Natural/Organic Food Company
Goal-driven and self-motivated sales and marketing professional, offering more than 20 years of progressive leadership in implementing innovative strategies working with all phase and segments of the natural food marketplace to stimulate sales, expand market share, and enhance bottom-line results. Adept at identifying and capturing market opportunities to accelerate expansion, increase revenues, and improve profit contribution. Expert in customer acquisition, new market and product launches, vendor management, agency management/relations, brand awareness and retention, and account management. Equipped with marketing and sales techniques and strategies in building strong rapport with client base, as well as systems that facilitate consistent follow-up and foster customer satisfaction. Proactive team leader with in-depth background in training and motivating natural and gourmet food brokers and retailers as well as ability in inspiring team members to achieve and exceed goals. Self-starter and cooperative team player, with excellent ability to communicate with various individuals and groups to promote sustainable sales goals throughout the USA and Canada. Articulate communicator with fluency in Spanish and English. Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), ACT and WinForms.
- Sales and Marketing Campaigns
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- New Business Development
- Client Relationship Management
- Key Partnership Development
- Contract Negotiation
- Sales Forecasting
- Key Account Management
- Consultative and Direct Selling
COMPANY TUV, SEBASTOPOL, CA
Director of Sales and Marketing | 2000-2002
- Held accountability in recruiting and providing training on new brokers for the Southwest and West Coast natural food and specialty market.
- Redeveloped and maintained strong relationship with Nature’s Best and reinstated effective promotional strategy.
- Established and introduced a successful program to lessen excess bulk inventories and market organic commodities.
- Successfully boosted sales of organic applesauce, cider vinegar, and juice by collaborating with key Northern California retailers to increase market share.
COMPANY VWX, LONDONDERRY, NH
Western Zone Manager (Natural Foods) | 1998-1999
- Oversaw the entire natural food sales and marketing programs in eight western states and Canada for largest (50M in 1999 sales) natural yogurt company in the U.S.
- Restructured and trained broker network and reinforced relationships with key retailers, distributors, and regional buyers.
- Remarkably increased company market share, name recognition, and brand equity through extensive travel experience and leading several PR campaigns.
COMPANY XYZ. (NUTRIBIOTICS), PETALUMA, CA
Director of Sales | 1997-1998
- Served as national sales manager for manufacturer and distributor of supplements, health and beauty aids, and energy bars.
- Provided expert oversight on sales and marketing efforts of more than 140 SKUs to more than 3500 active accounts, both domestic and abroad.
- Established and implemented the company’s first national broker network to increase product penetration for weakest regions.
- Cultivated and executed marketing plans and new product launches for several new categories of items for the company.
- Substantially improved sales in 1997 by almost 40% over the previous year through frequent visits to retailers, training brokers, and representing NutriBiotics at various national and regional tradeshows.
COMPANY ABC, ROHNERT PARK, CA
President and Founder | 1995-1997
- Formulated a successful marketing and distribution plans for health software available to health practitioners, retailers, and manufacturers of herb and supplement products.
- Expertly managed the entire business aspects, which include trade shows, shipping and receiving, accounting, customer service, and technical support, which resulted to increasing product’s active customer base by three fold in less than two years.
COMPANY DEF, PETALUMA, CA
Regional Sales Manager | 1990-1995
- Oversaw the entire customer base in the Midwest, Southwest, Rocky Mountains, as well as in Eastern and Western Canada for manufacturer of organic foods, condiments, and supplements.
- Administered commodity and export divisions, supplying raw materials and packaged products to expand international customer base.
- Doubled company sales by cultivating effective market expansion in Canada throughout tenure.
COMPANY GHI, ROHNERT PARK, CA
COMPANY JKL, MILL VALLEY, CA
Inside Sales Manager
COMPANY MNO, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
COMPANY PQR, BERKELEY, CA
National Wholesale Manager
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
STU UNIVERSITY, SANTA CRUZ, CA
Comprehensive Anthropological and Spanish Language Studies – Mexico and Central America
Peace Corps Family with extensive European and Latin American Travel
Estate Diversity Trainings sponsored by First American Title, NORBAR and NAHREP
Real Estate License – Passed the Federal Department of Justice Background Check
CAR | NORBAR | NAHREP
Rohnert Park Chapter of Realtors – Member
NOAH – Volunteer