Senior Accountant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Detail-oriented and highly analytical accounting and finance professional with demonstrated experience in defense electronics manufacturing and software engineering services. Possess extensive background in financial and cost accounting, treasury, budgeting, strategic planning, and forecasting. Highly capable of prioritizing and managing special projects. Adept at evaluating complex data and information utilizing exceptional judgment, communication, and analytical skills. Proficient in MAS 90, QuickBooks, Salesforce.com, Mapics XA (ERP), MPC Reporting Software, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint), WAWF, Crystal Reports, Fund Count, and Lotus Notes.
Cash and Inventory Management
Forecasting and Budgeting
General Ledger Analyses and Reconciliation
Financial Statements Preparation and Analysis
Auditing and Monitoring Procedures
Sarbanes-Oxley and US GAAP
COMPANY ABC, INC., VISTA, CA
A leading electronic company designing and manufacturing radio frequency (RF) filters, switch products, low noise amplifiers, attenuators, and opacity meters.
Accounting Consultant | Nov 2010-Present
- Assume full responsibility in coordinating day-to-day accounting activities while providing assistance to special projects.
- Guarantee total adherence to local, state, and federal reporting requirements to maintain smooth operations.
- Expertly administer general ledger preparation while handling revenue; and perform analyses on journal entries along with management of all reconciliations.
COMPANY CDE, LAKE FOREST, CA
A software reseller company providing design software products and contracted services to engineering and
manufacturing companies nationwide.
Finance Director | Mar 2010-Nov 2010
- Managed and directed entire financial operations of a $7M software reseller company; including direct supervision to accounting staff of four members, while strategically driving general accounting and management plans.
- Provided keen oversight to accounts receivables, accounts payable, expense disbursement, multi-state tax filings, payroll submissions, purchasing, order processing, sales commission calculations, cash flow management, bank statement reconciliations, and company insurance ensuring accuracy of digits.
- Successfully conducted accounting and finance initiatives, including preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; efficient generation of ad hoc management reports; study and analysis of monthly profit and loss (P&L); and balance sheet for variances.
- Significantly streamlined workflow procedures in Salesforce.com, eliminating unnecessary steps in order processing and expense reporting through collaboration with IT.
- Effectively handled million-dollar subcontracts in the aerospace industry by implementing contract services, invoicing process, timekeeping, and expense procedures.
COMPANY FGH, LOS ANGELES, CA
A private investment bank, direct lender, co-lender, and lead financial arranger specializing in asset-based debt for small- and middle-market private and public companies with sales from $5M to $100M.
Financial Analyst | Apr 2009-Mar 2010
- Advised and guided clients in restructuring debt, including financial statement analysis, company valuation, underwriting, and due diligence, as well as projection analysis on turnaround clients.
- Displayed expertise in advising companies to improve financial condition through innovative and competent financial planning techniques.
- Played an integral role in acquiring $1.5M credit facility for a transportation company.
- Utilized Microsoft Office applications to efficiently handle multiple projects by maintaining a deal flow spreadsheet.
- Assumed full responsibility in generating fund reports, preparing financial statement, and executing accounting standards as well as internal controls.
COMPANY GHI, LLC, SAN DIEGO, CA
A business unit of Teledyne Electronics and Communications with advanced technology filter operations. Specialize in design, development, and manufacture of microwave components, high-quality products for communications, aerospace, defense, aviation, and instrumentation markets.
Site Controller | Apr 2006-Jan 2009
- Played an instrumental role in expanding and growing $9M aerospace company as part of $150M public corporation.
- Assumed full responsibility in coordinating all accounting processes to include cost accounting, monthly and quarterly financial consolidation, and corporate reporting; as well as general ledger account reconciliations and cost analyses.
- Applied and managed Sarbanes-Oxley policy and procedures; ensured quarterly sub-certification of financial statements, preparation of COSO framework, and walk-through narratives; and worked with internal, external, and DCAA auditors.
- Gained full knowledge and experience in forecasting, budgeting, working capital management, intercompany transactions, annual business plan development, cash flow projections, and cost-control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Utilized job cost system and Material Cost Planning (MRP) software for government contractors; significantly maintained cost accounting system to ensure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Proficiently developed government bid rate packages, including indirect, labor and commercial rate calculations.
- Proactively prepared and analyzed estimates at completion (EACs) for assigned product lines, variance reporting for operational manufacturing, including ROI, Scrap, Rework, OT, Overhead Absorption Variances), and inventory management.
COMPANY JKL CORPORATION, SAN DIEGO, CA
An RF and microwave filter company designing and manufacturing high-performance microwave filters and
integrated filter assemblies used in military electronic warfare, communication, and navigation systems.
Controller and Human Resources Manager | Mar 1998-Apr 2006
- Directly supervised accounting staff of three while preparing monthly income statements, general ledger, bank reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, and cash flow.
- Gained knowledge of accounting data related to manufactured products, such as cost of purchased parts, cost of design, overhead expenses, cost of finished products, and inventory valuation.
- Effectively managed and administrated treasury functions, including bank deposits, electronic payments, and company’s line of credit.
- Provided keen oversight to accounts receivable full cycle for cash application, collection, adjustment, credit, and write-off of bad debts.
- Proactively performed weekly management of whole payroll process of 65 employees, including exempt and non-exempt, as well as the 401(k) plan for the company.
- Assumed full responsibility in performing a wide array of functions, including human resources management; training-related records management and preservation, employee benefits administration, Worker’s Compensation processing, federal compliance with OSHA and ISO 9001 regulations.
COMPANY MNO , MARTINEZ, CA
Assistant Treasurer | Jan 2009-Present
- Effectively serve as fundraising project coordinator and secretary for GVP international book publishing and book distribution mission.
- Play an integral role in developing strategic financial plan, preparing and reviewing proposed and actual budgets to ensure accuracy; as well as demonstrating financial expertise to maximize profits and operations, reduce costs, and formulate strategic initiatives for organization.
COMPANY PQR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Accounting Manager | Jan 2009-Present
- Manage all business bookkeeping, tax matters, and banking functions, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Apply in-depth knowledge and strong ability to plan, establish, and modify accounts payable and cash disbursement policies, procedures, and standards.
- Successfully develop and implement control system; suggest areas for improvement on both financial and operational aspects; and define and establish new accounting policies and procedures.
Associate of Science in Accounting: 2000
STU UNIVERSITY SAN MARCOS, SAN MARCOS, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: 1995
VWX UNIVERSITY, IRVINE, IRVINE, CA
24.5 Hours Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits (Government Contract Accounting)
Certified Tax Preparer: In Progress
CALIFORNIA TAX EDUCATION COUNCIL (CTEC)
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)