Senior Designer Sample Resume
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly accomplished, award-winning, and seasoned graphic designer, offering extensive experience in corporate branding and imaging, marketing materials development, brand creation, and advertising.
- Effective leader, with exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills, able to direct and motivate staff as well as deal effectively with agencies, photographers, and vendors.
- Flexible and open to new ideas and concepts, with in-depth understanding of advertising and client servicing.
- Demonstrate exceptional work ethic, compliant to branding guidelines when designing and effectively manage feedback to meet clients’ specific requirements.
- Expert in project management from conceptualization to delivery, recognized for creative and out-of-the-box ideas that satisfy customers and increase sales.
Project Designer, Girls Packaging
MNO CORPORATION, El Segundo, CA
Spearheaded the development of strong visual communication for Barbie line products with specific features, including Barbie Customized, Barbie Reality, Barbie Entertainment, and Barbie Collector, in close collaboration with Marketing and Product Design teams. Supervised the hiring and supervision of outside contractors, including graphic design firms and photographers. Cultivated relationships with designers and production departments. Maintained cost efficiency in materials while ensuring the integrity of the visual structure.
- Innovated a new look for the Barbie Reality line using a wallpaper concept, creatively showcasing all items in the present line (Barbie homes, furniture lines, sports cars, and Barbie jets) and creating a living cross-sell where multiple items in the same line is shown on one package to generate more sales; this concept left more room on the back of packages to focus on product main features and has since proven to be effective starting in 2017.
- Advocated environmental-friendly packaging concepts whenever possible, introducing the use of open packages on specific products by not using acetate windows and convincing packaging teams to develop easy-to-open, easy-to-remove product using chip versus wire.
- Introduced and institutionalized Pantone 219 as the branding color for the Barbie line throughout the company in 2016, as well as the sharing of images on the main server made available for Mattel designers when needed since 2015.
- Generated about $90K in savings by creating images and sets in-house instead of hiring outside vendors for Barbie Accessory, Reality, Customized, and Kelly.
- Designed budget-limited new packaging of Barbie Customized lines using creative color combinations and new style illustrations to enhance the line from 2012 to 2016 for specific retailers, including Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys “R” Us.
- Shared brilliant ideas, including 3D movie glasses, miniature princess line, and cruise ship turns into a jet, during annual brainstorm meetings for new product ideas.
VISIONPAD, Glendale, CA
Conferred with clients to determine specific needs and requirements, deliver presentations, and select external contractors, as necessary, to provide excellent graphic design, brand imaging, and identity packaging services in wide range of areas. Key Projects include:
- Mattel Inc. Design Center and Tower (El Segundo, CA): Brand identities for upcoming toy products
- Beach Body, video fitness company (Beverly Hills, CA): Logo/Branding of Division Force 10
- Babystyle.com’s new retail location (Manhattan Beach, CA): Retail Signage Program
- Bruce Lawton & Associates, advertising firm specializing in diamond industry (La Canada, CA): Brochures, magazine advertisements, logos, brand identities, and package art
- Rampant Records (Manhattan Beach, CA): CD art and magazine advertisements
- Restaurant Halie (Pasadena, CA): Identity package (menu booklet, promotional brochures, direct mailings, stationary, signage, and silk-screened graphics)
XOXO INC., Commerce, CA
Ensured consistency of the brand image and graphic design across communications, advertising, merchandising, and marketing areas of an international fashion clothing company. Managed all designs and photographic images for retail graphics, point-of-sale, seasonal advertising, press kits, billboards, direct mail, and other collateral materials.
- Set company’s creative direction and successfully transformed previously stagnant and underperforming brand lines; developed XOXO into an upscale format and relaunched Fragile as a trendy, teen-oriented line.
- Created a sophisticated, urban image for baby phat; designing the logo and identity for Kimora Simmons.
- Led and provided expert direction to four designers from conceptualization through production as well as advertising projects for use in Elle, Vogue, and Mademoiselle.
- Guaranteed on-time completion and delivery of textile graphics for an aggressive market, cultivating relationships with multiple contract print and silk-screen printers.
Senior Graphic Designer
GUESS INC., Los Angeles, CA
Made significant contributions to ensure company’s success by overseeing the design of visual merchandising aids, POS materials, fixture design, print advertisements, and seasonal catalogs; along with the textile graphics and trim for Men’s, Young Contemporary, and Guess Collection divisions. Oversaw vendor production work and fixture design, handling and supervising outside contractors, including graphic design firms, printers, photographers, and licenses.
- Successfully enhanced the message presented to customers by redesigning POS graphic materials and developing window display graphics for seasonal promotions.
- Helped in increasing sales and improving consistency of brand image by aligning company’s website and brand image, producing seasonal catalogs for buyers and marketing staff.
- Designed layouts for major publications, which include Elle, Vogue, GQ, and others.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design (2001)
STUV COLLEGE, Walnut, CA
Advanced Brand Identity (2011)
ART CENTER, Pasadena, CA
Adobe CS4, Macromedia Freehand, Pri Flight, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word)