Senior Editor Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly accomplished, versatile, and seasoned professional with demonstrated expertise in publishing and entertainment industries both as a writer and editor, complemented with project management experience. Proven success in developing intellectual properties, directing creative teams, and producing quality communication and promotional materials while meeting strict deadlines. Possess superior interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills; able to easily establish and foster profitable relationships and strategic alliances with creators, colleagues, and other key stakeholders.
ABC COMPANY, New York, NY, USA
Write comic book stories for several publishers, including Top Cow Productions, Dynamite Entertainment, and Desperado Studios.
- Wrote the critically-acclaimed run on G.I. Joe comic book and collaborated with Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes, Gilmore Girls) on the graphic novel Rest, now in development at NBC.
- Wrote the graphic novel Drafted, along with successful comic book adaptations of the bestselling Dresden Files novels.
- Featured in the New York Daily News regarding Drafted: 100 Days together with President Obama (July 27, 2017) and recognized as one of the “28 Creators to Watch in 2008” by Wizard magazine.
Senior Editor, 2011-2012
DEF PUBLISHING, Chicago, IL, USA
Led the creative content development and production of 7 to 10 comics and graphic novels per month. Adapted numerous novels into graphic format in close collaboration with their authors, including bestselling novelist R.A. Salvatore.
- Drove the growth of the publishing line with more than 10 titles in only a year, including 4 new IPs, the successful re-launch of a major licensed property, and younger readers digests.
Senior Editor, 2004-2010
GHI ENTERPRISES, New York, NY, USA
Spearheaded the day-to-day operations of Marvel’s most valuable franchise, the X-Men comic book line, by strategizing, scheduling, and coordinating activities of in-house staff and freelance talent to ensure timely production of more than 10 monthly titles.
- Facilitated the consistent expansion of the line with new titles, characters, and projects, increasing its industry-leading commercial success each year.
- Provided consultation and approvals for licensed products, such as video games, toys, cartoons, and films based on the X-Men world.
JKL COMPANY / New York, NY, USA
Provide expert oversight to a team of artists from planning to delivery of projects. Meet with clients and evaluated parameters to come up with feasible budget and deadlines for each project. Ensure the prompt delivery of each milestone while engaging with clients for project updates until completion.
- Successfully delivered numerous projects featuring high-profile IPs, including Uncharted, Hitman, Alan Wake, and Star Wars Galaxies.
Project Manager, 2015-2016
MNO, New York, NY, USA
Wrote, edited, and produced sales and marketing materials, including numerous brochures, promotional posters, mailers, corporate communication pieces, informational pamphlets, and advertisements.
- Initiated significant improvements in the marketing aspect of the company, including the revamp and updating of the company website and the format enhancement of the firm’s monthly newsletters that served as effective promotional tools.
Bachelor of Arts Major in Art, Minor in History | OPQ COLLEGE, New Brunswick, NJ
Story Seminar, Robert McKee ~ Writing and Visual Storytelling, Marvel Executive Editor Mark Gruenwald
Photoshop (Levels 1 and II) and Quark (Levels 1 and II) | THE NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH ~ New York, NY
Technical Skills: Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, Project Management Tools (Basecamp and ActivCollab)
The Stan-Hattan Project: Taught a comic book scripting workshop (along with James Felder) at New York University for two semesters; among the course’s graduates were writers who went on to achieve great success in both the comic book and television industries.