Senior Security Specialist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly motivated, diligent, and results-oriented professional, armed with remarkable years of experience in corporate security and law enforcement. Compassionate and well-educated in carrying out investigative, administrative, supervisory, and managerial roles while directing numerous sworn and civilian personnel. Analytical thinker and problem solver with strong team development and supervisory adeptness, solid communication and interpersonal skills, and keen attention to detail. Recognized for superior performance in all facets of security utilizing in-depth knowledge of all key tasks and relevant positions. Reputed as a diplomatic, honest, and dependable leader, with proven effectiveness within stressful, competitive, and challenging situations.
- General Management
- Operational Streamlining
- Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Records Coordination
- Communication and Presentation
- Time Management and Task Prioritization
- Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Planning and Execution
Def Company, Brooklyn, NY
SENIOR SECURITY SPECIALIST | Mar 2009-Present
Establish and maintain positive relationship with NYPD drug package interdiction team. Supervise full spectrum of security at various FedEx facilities, including Loss Prevention, Workplace Violence, Facility Security Audits, and other. Assess reports and data to determine loss, WPV, and ‘No Delivery Scan’ trends. Oversee and maintain confidential investigations related to all security matters. Explain and coordinate various security-related issues to customers and FedEx sales representatives. Spearhead trace agents and contract security personnel. Routinely execute employee and contractor awareness sessions and security seminars. Administer customer calls and interviews on loss claims and security issues.
- Served as instrumental member of the current “50 by 10” initiative/designated to a high priority terminal.
- Successfully generated 30% reduction in claims/losses.
- Redeveloped, enhanced, and implemented new CCTV system layouts for terminals.
Abc Company, Queens, NY
FIELD/SIU INVESTIGATOR | Aug 2008-Mar 2009
Solely conducted investigations on insurance claims filed for wide-range coverage, including workers’ compensation, general liability, disability, property and casualty, and life and health care. Provided statements to the collected facts obtained in any hearing or court of law as needed. Carried out background/activity checks and courthouse research.
- Single-handedly developed professional and comprehensive reports, outlining any activity on a claim.
- Efficiently conducted Surveillance (Fixed/Mobile).
- Gathered and compiled all Videotaped Documentation of Subjects and Written and Recorded Statements.
Wxyz Institute, Brooklyn, NY
COUNSELOR/ HOUSING SPECIALIST | Feb 2008-Aug 2008
Handled and developed the restoration of dignity, promotion of independence, and proffered stable housing to vulnerable families through individual counseling/case management. Rendered ongoing support through rendering counseling, education, and workshops for the graduates of shelter programs to ensure stability in employment and housing. Conducted lessons on the life skills that women need to care for their families and develop independently. Executed home visits to client apartments on a monthly basis. Participated in various program meetings, agency-wide staff meetings, and staff trainings as agreed upon with the program director.
- Guided clients to appropriate programs, including domestic violence services and referrals; HIV/AIDS prevention education; and employment training and job placement assistance.
- Monitored referrals and distributed follow-ups and accurate documentation as required by Program Evaluation, WIN, and HUD within time constraints.
Police Department, City, State
ANTICRIME POLICE OFFICER | Jul 2002-Nov 2007
Reviewed and interpreted command crime statistics and reports. Roved within the confines of command, giving special attention to location prone to violent street or subway crimes and burglaries. Worked closely with detectives from the detective bureau. Interviewed witnesses and comprehensively investigated crime and burglary cases. Oversaw surveillance on crime activity in various locations. Analyzed and enforced vehicle operation and parking laws. Responded to calls related to fires, accidents, and various misdemeanors and felonies.
- Conducted thorough research and compiled all preliminary information as responding officer on criminal cases, and prepared relevant reports.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN | Jun 1998-Jun 2002
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT: 2009
Graduate School of Management, XYZ University, Long Island City, NY
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY: 2001
ABC University, Brooklyn, NY
Certified Fraud Examiner Examination: Dec 2011
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners