Staff Accountant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Accounting and Finance | Account Reconciliations | Financial Modeling Projection | Analysis and Capital Management | General Ledger | Budget Administration | Regulatory Compliance
Sarbanes Oxley Act | Regulations of Federal Income Tax | International Financial Reporting Standards
Analytical, detail-oriented, and highly dependable professional, with in-depth expertise in accounting, including all phases of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, auditing, bookkeeping, billing, collections, and payroll. Interested in pursuing a challenging career to effectively utilize knowledge and skills honed from work experience and academic degrees. Equipped with strong organizational and communication abilities, combined with proven leadership qualities.
- Broad understanding of financial audit requirements and procedures in all business levels, including evaluation, analysis, tracking, and communication of financial data.
- Extensive background in various aspects of financial reporting, bank reconciliation, and internal accounting controls.
- Proven expertise in reviewing and preparing financial statements, sales reports, cash flow analyses, payroll, inventory control, internal audits, and accounts receivable and payable.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus, QuickBooks, SAP, and Medical Manager.
- Oversaw the preparation of financial statements, including profit and loss statement, comparative financial statements, bank reconciliation statements, budgeting reports, and cash flow analysis.
- Managed and ensured accurate preparation of all budgeting, forecasting, and cost accounting financials.
- Handled the reduction of uncollectible accounts receivable while maximizing revenue by implementing an accurate billing system for service rendered.
- Provided expert direction to the organizational planning in cutting cost for services rendered.
- Analyzed and developed marketing strategy to promote service rendered to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Performed day-to-day duties and responsibilities, such as processing and booking weekly accounts payable and all employees’ expenses information.
- Prepared and directly submitted weekly, monthly, and annual close reports, cash reports, and general ledger reports.
- Handled 1200 accounts receivable and aging reports.
- Led and supervised accounts payable personnel; performed auditing for the Accounts Payable Department on a centralized accounting service center with daily payment of more than $3M; and administered the issuance of 1,000 to 2,000 checks daily.
- Recaptured more than $400K and drove revenue increase by $800K from vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
Staff Accountant | Company ABC, Brighton, CO | 2006–2019
Accountant |Company CDE, CO | 2005–2006
Master of Business Administration | FGH University, PA, USA
Selected Coursework in Business Administration | IJK University, KS, USA
Bachelor of Commerce / Accounting | OPQ University, India
Federal Income Tax (2018)
UVW University | ABC University
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), In Progress
Regulation: Pass 2017
Financial Accounting and Reporting | Business Environment and Concept
Board Member, LCH, CO | 2006–Present