Surgical Physician Assistant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Consistent, enthusiastic, and highly organized professional, with exceptional knowledge and expertise in dealing with trauma and critical care. Equipped with comprehensive medical knowledge and effective surgical skills in trauma surgery, complemented with strategic thinking and innovative problem solving skills to bring forth outstanding results. Self-starter medical provider, with the capability of working independently and completing appropriate procedures as necessary. Powered with excellent people skills and proven ability to communicate well with all levels of professionals. Adept at performing emerging and multiple responsibilities within fast-paced, high-stress situations. Skilled at performing challenging tasks with precision and attention to details.
Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant | 2008–2010
Nop University, Fort Myers, FL
Bachelor of Exercise Science | 2005–2007
Fgh University, Tallahassee, FL
Associate of Arts | 2004–2005
Ghi College, Panama City, FL
General Studies | 2003–2004
Jkl College, Carterville, IL
Prescribing Physician Assistant | Application in progress
Fundamental Critical Care Support Certification | Completion: Nov 2011
Certified Physician Assistant | National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Basic Life Support | Advanced Cardiac Life Support | Pediatric Advanced Life Support | Advanced Trauma Life Support
Lmn Hospital, Fort Myers, FL
Physician Assistant, Trauma Surgery/Critical Care | 2010–Present
- Accomplish daily rounds and assess patients in the medical/surgical floor and SICU.
- Actively take part in grand rounds, acquire medical history, and perform physical examination.
- Expertly conduct critical care consultations.
- Obtain and execute interpret laboratory data, diagnostic tests, x-rays, nutritional management, and other therapeutic modalities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and efficiently carry out sterile procedure.
- Practice and utilize effective surgical skills, such as suturing, opening, and closing of fascia; retracting of tissue; debridement of wounds; central line placement; bedside percutaneous tracheostomy placement; and chest tube thoracostomy placement.
- Proficient in outpatient office care, including suture and staple removal, pre-operative instructions, follow- up, education, and preparation.
- Ensure completion of medical record documentation and dictation.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Served as a part of a Trauma Team consisting of five trauma surgeons and four physician assistants with 24/7 coverage.
- Played a pivotal part in the overall critical care of patients while producing positive outcomes.
Tuvw Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, FL
Emergency Care Technician (CNA) | 2007–2008
- Rendered assistance to ER doctor during running trauma or codes as well as effectively provided CPR.
- Stocked trauma bay with medical supplies while helping patients with ADLs.
- Recorded vital signs as well as conducted unit secretary duties, including ordering tests and placing consultations.
- Worked at the triage desk, checking patients into ER system.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in serving as a team member in the trauma bay and contributed in assessing patients.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc., Tallahassee, FL
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Home Health Care | 2007
- Provided home health care assistance, such as ADLs
Apalachee Center, Inc., Tallahassee, FL
Mental Health Technician | Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) | 2006–2007
- Assisted patients in accomplishing ADLs and the nursing staff in distributing medications.
- Functioned as a one-on-one sitter providing suicide watch services.
- Served as unit secretary; organizing and lead the patients in arts and crafts activities.
Tallahassee Primary Care Associates, Tallahassee, FL
Medical Filing Clerk | 2006
- Ensured accuracy in filing medical charts while faxing charts to other offices and answering phone calls.
- Conducted auditing; thoroughly reviewed patient charts to provide scheduling assistance for pertinent medical tests.
Waitress | Bcd Restaurant, Panama City Beach, FL | 2005
Waitress | Cde’s Pit Bar-B-Q, Panama City, FL | 2004–2005
Secretary | Jkl College, Carterville, IL | 2004
Sales Associate | STU, Marion, IL | 2003–2004
Sales Representative | Vwx Marketing Corporation, Marion, IL | 2003
Member | Florida Academy of Physician Assistants (FAPA)
Member | American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Nova Southeastern University—Preceptor (2010–Present)
Pre-Physician Assistant Club – Florida State University (2005-2006)
Pre- Physician Assistant School Shadowing- 250 hours
Other interest include: Community theatre, traveling, and boating