Phone # / Cell Phone #
Experienced, dedicated, and results-focused professional, with a career history of proven expertise in networking combined with in-depth knowledge in all phases of project management, from conception to completion. Adept at effectively and efficiently utilizing systems necessary in improving productivity, reducing costs, and achieving overall company goals. Employ strategic thinking, innovative problem solving, and outstanding leadership in delivering exceptional results. Demonstrate outstanding presentation skills and strong ability in establishing effective and productive working relationships. Develop and lead problem-solving teams that accurately assess challenges and successfully transform ideas into appropriate workable solutions.
- Project Development and Implementation
- IT Principles and Procedures
- Network Operating System
- Analysis and Strategic Planning
- Customer and Personal Relations
- Presentation and Negotiation Skills
- Organizational and Communication Skills
- Leadership and Team Building
Technical Skills Summary
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server (NT/2000/2003/2008), Microsoft Windows (98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7), Linux – Fedora Desktop (12 & 13), Ubuntu (9 & 10)
- Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Telnet, FTP, SNMP, NAT, POP3, SMTP, VPN, VLAN, LAN/WAN, NetBIOS, Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite (2000/XP/2003/2007/2010), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Lotus Note R5, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Veritas Backup, Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, McAfee Virus Scan, Enterprise, Symantec Ghost, Symantec Partition Magic, Paragon Partition Manager, Wireshark, NetScout nGenius, VMware Workstation 7, Oracle VirtualBox, Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, Remedy, IBM Maximo, Peregrine/HP Service Center, HEAT, FootPrints, Siebel, Cisco IOS
- Hardware: Dell PowerEdge Servers (2600/2650/2800), Dell OptiPlex Desktops, HP, Workstations, Dell Laptops, IBM/Lenovo Laptops, HP Laptops, Cisco Router, Cisco Switch, Alcatel Switch, BlackBerry
- Others: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2007
Systems Operations Engineer (Contractor) | 2009
Bank of America / Sapphire Technologies | Richmond, VA
Assumed full responsibility in monitoring performance of retail banking center applications; notifying appropriate technical teams of critical network and application alerts; and documenting events of conferences in ticket tracking systems.
- Conducted analysis on network traffic to and from nationwide retail banking centers.
- Demonstrated aptitude in establishing and moderating phone conferences for technical teams and related lines of business.
- Developed incident tickets and ensured accuracy of logging and detailed descriptions of problems, related activities, and solutions.
Refresh Floor Coordinator / Senior Migration Engineer | 2005-2007
S&A IT Services | Richmond, VA
Rendered efficient service in coordinating desktop and server refresh efforts within Bank of America corporate facilities located in the Central and Northern Virginia to support more than 4,000 users. Held full accountability in installing and replacing HP, Dell, and IBM/Lenovo laptop systems as well as in backing up and restoring system states and user data. Delivered superior performance in troubleshooting, configuring, and modifying settings on Windows 2000 and 2003 servers and Windows XP client operating systems. Demonstrated leadership skills in providing exemplary training to migration engineers while scheduling work hours, assigning work orders, resolving conflicts, and evaluating performance.
- Vastly contributed in achieving 91% or higher refresh efficiency rate in all facilities.
- Significantly increased productivity by planning and gaining approval of off-hours refreshes.
- Led efforts in successfully reducing average systems refresh from 2.5 hours to 2.0 by implementing new refresh process for engineers managed.
Help Desk Technician (Contractor) | 2010
USDA – Food Safety and Inspection Service / ALTA IT Services | Windsor Mill, MD
- Utilized Microsoft Active Directory in managing user and computer accounts.
- Executed technical expertise in troubleshooting and resolving network, hardware, software, and operating systems malfunctions affecting the USDA food inspectors.
Access Database Analyst (Contractor) | 2009
Health Management Corporation (HMC) / Teksystems | Richmond, VA
- Assumed responsibility in creating new database objects (queries and forms) as well as new database tables by parsing data from various data sources.
- Ensured functionality by testing database objects, coding arguments, and resolving errors.
Technical Support Specialist (Contractor) | 2008-2009
Town of Manchester | Manchester, CT
- Planned and implemented adequate group policies, security groups, and sensible user group memberships, leading to increased domain security.
- Utilized Visual Basic Scripting in establishing disk quotas and in correcting file ownerships.
- Established client operating system images and handled the installation of images over the LAN, minimizing the time necessary to perform manual installation of operating systems and applications.
Technology Specialist | 2004-2005
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) – Patient Account Services | Richmond, VA
- Applied acquired knowledge and skills in testing, implementing, and administering Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003.
- Demonstrated thoroughness in remotely distributing software packages, polling software and hardware inventory, and deploying desktop client operating systems.
- Developed and presented helpdesk policies and procedures for helpdesk beginner.
Hardware Technician | 2001-2003
C3i Incorporated | New York, NY
- Played a pivotal role in the successful reduction of duplicate repair efforts as well as in the improvement of turnaround times.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity | In Progress
University of Maryland University College | Adelphi, MD
Bachelor of Science in Business, Emphasis in Management Information Systems | 2010
Kaplan University | Davenport, IA
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems | 2007
Kaplan University | Davenport, IA
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows Server 2008 Infrastructure, Configuration
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows Server 2003 (MCSA)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows Server 2000 (MCSA)
CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Technician (A+)
Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), Information Systems Security Professional (NSTISSI-4011)
Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), Senior Systems Manager (CNSSI-4012)