I know for a fact, as everyone else should, that curriculum vitae or CV and resumes are two different things. This is contrary to other people’s assumption that they are just the same and interchangeable.
Professional writers can deliver a CV package at your own convenience to help you get to the job you need and deserve. It can also be used in job searching, going in a job interview, business networking, or career advancement plan.
I believe I need to discuss the similarities and differences of the two terms. Although both contain job-related information and are used in job hunting, a CV focuses on the academic, health, or medical fields compared to a resume, which is usually shorter and customized to a specific target job.
Here are key points to bear in mind about CV and the use of templates:
- A CV has a more complete data about the individual, while a resume omits certain pieces of information that are irrelevant or inapplicable for the job being applied for.
- In addition to this, a CV tackles about the details on personal life, education, accomplishments, and achievements of an individual. These details are usually not explored or discussed in the resume due to space limitations and necessary omissions.
- Some of you may not be familiar with a CV and in this case, a CV template can be very helpful for you. It can serve as your contact line to prospective employers.
- Not all CVs are written and submitted properly. Many still commit mistakes and errors causing painful rejection to their application.
- Most CV template samples are actually two pages, and many job seekers who are of senior age may want to put more.
- Employers and hiring managers, however, do not want CV that exceeds two pages, which they think is too long. They argue that job experiences to be included should be those within the last ten years.
- Are you carrying out a style that is appropriate? Is the template compatible with your purpose? Does it help to make your CV not only compelling but also convincing? You need to address these questions resolutely.
- A good presentation entices the eye to read on. Aside from online discussions, latest writing trends to make a CV template can be read in books, magazines, web sites, and other sources.
- In the Internet, you can search and find hundreds of templates available for free downloading. All you need is to know where to look for helpful ones.