Vice President of Operations Sample Resume
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Cutting-edge visionary leader with more than 20 years of immense experience in strategic planning, market development, new service initiatives, financial analysis, and fiscal management within a healthcare environment. Skilled at developing and implementing standard practices and procedures to effect dramatic improvements in efficiency, productivity, and business processes toward successful attainment of organizational goals. Expert in organizational management, process and performance improvement, program and project leadership, as well as training and development. Equipped with excellent communication, leadership, and motivational skills; able to effectively interact with physicians, patients, and executive management. Successful in developing and implementing effective strategies and plans using high-caliber management qualifications.
Areas of Expertise:
- Business and Project Management
- Organizational Development and Operations
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Strategic Vision and Tactical Execution
- Problem Resolution and Decision-Making
Vice President of Operations, Company Abc, PLANO, TX: 2011
National provider of outsourced physician practice management services for a large health care delivery system.
- Rendered administrative and operational management of 40 physician FTEs within the Central Region (Texas, Missouri, and Tennessee), while directly leading 5 regional operations managers
- Brought workable insights and recommendations in setting policies and direction for the region in collaboration with client leadership
- Conducted development and implementation of regional business plans with operations managers focusing on significantly increasing market share and net revenue improvement
Regional Administrator, Company Cde, DALLAS, TX: 2009-2011
National provider of outsourced physician services to hospital emergency departments, offering operational oversight of 17 practices in a 3-state market area with annual gross revenues in excess of $62M.
- Effectively managed the profit and loss of 17 Emergency Department contracts within the Central Region
- Organized and supervised timely delivery of services specific to Emergency Department (ED) practices
- Collaborated with the local medical director, regional medical director, and Regional Vice President of Operations in planning and allocating resources
- Actively engaged in identifying new service lines within existing contracts in the region
- Engaged the local hospital leadership in improving ED metrics, with a strong focus on decreasing LWOT percentage and wait times, and enhancing patient satisfaction scores
General Manager, Company Efg, FORT WAYNE, IN: 2006-2009
Ambulance contractor for the Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, serving the City of Fort Wayne and Allen County for all emergency and non-emergent paramedic responses. Company has 30,000 annual responses for service, 120 employees, and $7M in revenues.
- Successfully enhanced resource utilization and management effectiveness through reorganization of operations
- Utilized strong financial skills in achieving 10% EBITDA financial improvement from operational loss within 14 months
- Effectively established key organizational performance indicators for various departments
- Conducted effectual reconstruction of communication lines with both internal and external customers
- Consistently advanced management expertise and service delivery by implementing an internal leadership academy
Chief Administrative Officer, Company Ghi, MADISONVILLE, KY: 2002-2006
75+ multi-specialty physician group consisting of more than 400 employees and 7 satellite locations in the Western Kentucky service area. Trover Clinic serves a 7-county area in Western Kentucky with annual visits of over $400K and gross revenues of $72M.
- Generated a 16% increase in provider productivity for fiscal year 2004 and 12% in fiscal year 2005
- Drastically reduced clinic accounts receivable from 66 days to 46 days for fiscal year 2003 to 2004 and 35 days for fiscal year 2005
- Leveraged outstanding abilities in devising business plans for the entire clinic departments and EMS
- Oversaw the establishment and execution of new business initiatives in Vascular, Urology and Cardiology departments
- Improved net revenue by more than 10% through the development of clinic-wide provider coding initiative
- Played an integral role in enhancing operational efficiency, which resulted in the decrease in operating costs by 11% in fiscal year 2004
- Ensured the success in the creation of quality service initiatives and measurement tools for all practices
- Expanded net revenue through the successful renegotiation of Payer contracts
- Spearheaded the establishment and implementation of a management development program for EMS staff
Director of Operations, Company Ijk, CINCINNATI, OH: 1995-2001
Multi-site physician group practice encompassing 35 locations, 155 physicians, and 600 employees.
- Worked under the direct supervision of the Senior Vice President of Outpatient Services
- Achieved a significant reduction in operating losses from $18M to $13M
- Decentralized the organizational decision-making through effective restructuring of the Management Team
- Performed reorganization of locations based on volume, market demographics and profitability
- Strategically aligned the central billing office goals with practice operations through deployment of front-end initiatives
- Attained 10% improvement in patient volume by developing and initiating best practice parameters for business operations
- Guaranteed the accomplishment of core business objectives by formulating and implementing new profitable business line initiatives
Faculty and Program Supervisor
Klm HOSPITAL, INDIANAPOLIS, IN: 1993-1995
The largest hospital in the state of Indiana and one of only two regional Level I Trauma Centers in the state.
Faculty, Emergency Health Science
UNIVERSITY OF MNO, LAFAYETTE, LA: 1986-1993
A public institution of higher education offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
MASTER OF HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
University of PQR, Joliet, IL
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT
RST University, Richmond, KY
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
RST University, Richmond, KY
Medical Group Management Association
American College of Medical Practice Executives
American Ambulance Association
American College Healthcare Executives