Vice President of Sales Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly motivated, results-driven, and tenacious senior executive offering more than 20 years of sales management, marketing, and strategic business development experience. Excel at creating effective strategies and plans to exceed target sales goals, capitalize on growth opportunities, and maintain profitable business operations. Recognized as a hands-on manager adept at training and developing employees to foster team unity toward fulfillment of corporate objectives. Possess stellar qualifications in establishing win-win relationships and addressing diverse customer needs by providing innovative solutions and ensuring utmost satisfaction. Proven effectiveness in a fiercely competitive, fast-paced environment with dedication to superior service.
- Business Management and Operations
- Marketing and Promotional Campaigns
- Sales Action Plans Development
- Product Positioning and Corporate Branding
- Competitive Market Research and Analysis
- Budget Implementation and Cost Control
- Key Account Management and Retention
- Outstanding Customer Service and Relations
- Superior Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent Presentation and Negotiation Abilities
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making
XYZ COMPANY, NAPA, CA
Vice President of Sales-Southeast / Central Division: North America | 2015-2019
Directed and coordinated daily operational business aspects to develop innovative plans for the Southeast and Central markets consisting of Florida, Illinois, Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Nevada. Spearheaded and mentored a team of 7 directors and 20 managers responsible for handling the distribution network of 25 wholesalers throughout the Southeast and Central Regions. Provided expert oversight for the $185M net sales value, which includes development and execution of annual operating plan.
- Increased portfolio growth performance up to 5% versus the prior year and exceeded goal by 3%.
- Commended for effectively managing the US out of 4 division in volume growth and value growth.
- Oversaw the Panther Division, which is recognized as the 2nd largest division in the US.
ABC COMPANY, NORWALK, CT: 1998-2007
Vice President of National Accounts: North America | 2011-2015
Applied dynamic leadership talents for all facets of sales operations and finance with $250M in annual sales revenues and $50M in profit. Established and maintained positive executive management relationships with key chains and distributors. Facilitated training to 21 employees with 8 direct reports to develop their competencies and achieve the maximum level of performance. Served as an integral part of the Diageo North America Diversity Council.
- Expertly managed the sale of Diageo products to the top 189 national on premise chains.
- Successfully elevated the total portfolio growth performance to more than 10.% against the prior year.
- Recognized as the first time recipient of Supplier of The Year Awards with Outback, Darden, TGIF, and Cheers.
General Sales Manager: Def Company, Dallas, TX | 2010-2011
Oversaw the development and execution of sales strategy for DC&E wines in 8 states and more than 14 wholesalers. (Key States: Texas, Louisiana, Missouri, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri and Nebraska). Handled $21M revenue base, which include the development and execution of Annual Operating Plan. Streamlined traditional practices of the management team and other personnel. Instrumental for achieving the nation’s leading 20% growth in FY 2011 while Southwest Markets achieved 8% improvement. Independently managed the Southwest region to 700,000 depletions, 2 Golden Bars and 10 nominations.
- Rendered assistance in managing the DSD operations of $2.5B in annual sales revenues.
- Conceptualized and implemented commercial plans to maximize volume, profitability, and revenue.
- Augmented total portfolio growth performance to more than 14% versus prior year.
- Obtained the strongest growth trend on volume and profit nationwide.
Regional Director: Ghi Company, Pleasanton, CA | 2008-2010
Presided over the day-to-day aspects of sales operations with $50M in annual sales revenues. Performed sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products and services while analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends. Pivotal in developing highly efficient business strategies and marketing plans. Recruited, trained, and developed 10 direct reports to maximize their highest level of potential.
- Supported in managing the DSD distributors of $1.5B in annual sales revenues.
- Played a vital role in managing the entire Guinness UDV’s portfolio through 92 distributors and 3 brokers in 6 states.
- Improved Glen Ellen from -22% to more than 14% in volume by displaying high degree of personal commitment.
- Consistently achieved fiscal year plan.
Distributor Manager: Northern California, San Francisco, CA | 2006-2008
Supervised all facets of sales operations with $40M in annual sales revenues. Administered corporate budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency. Evaluated financial statements, sales reports, and other performance data to measure goal achievement as well as to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
- Regarded for formulating in-store product promotion programs to increase brand awareness.
- Ensured proper POS advertisement and product display conditions by vigorously visiting the retail sites.
- Trained and developed 7 direct reports and 233 indirect wholesale personnel consisting of a general manager, 12 managers, and 220 sales representatives.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
COCA-COLA USA, City, State
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER: NORTHWESTERN UNITED STATES | 2005-2006
- Formulated and implemented business growth and territory development strategies for non-carbonated beverage (NCB) products for Hawaii, Northern California, and Central Colorado territories.
XYZ COMPANY, ATLANTA, GA
PORTFOLIO MANAGER: GEORGIA AND FLORIDA TERRITORY | 2005
- Initiated the implementation of premium product portfolio used across states of Georgia and Florida.
- Secured achievement of all volume and profit goals and created new training programs focused on sales and product awareness.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER: City, State | 2002- 2005
- Received the “State of the Year” award through demonstration of outstanding sales achievements.
- Greatly surpassed sales goals by an average of 17% annually.
AREA SALES MANAGER, City, State | 2001-2011
- Ranked in top 2% consistently by displaying exemplary sales performance.
- Highly praised for mentoring three sales representatives which were later promoted to district manager position.
TERRITORY MANAGER, City, State | 1999-2001
- Drove all efforts in developing distributor programs and modifying highly efficient merchandising strategies.
- Honored as the “Territory Manager of the Year” in 2001 for exemplifying exceptional leadership skills.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, ABC COMPANY, SAN FRANCISCO, CA | 1997-1999
- Simultaneously managed Santa Clara, Fremont, and San Jose sales territories.
- Diversified territory and successfully expanded client base through networking and cold calling.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMMUNICATIONS | DEF University, Stockton, CA
Interviewing Techniques: Select for Success
Time Management: Making Every Second Count
Coaching: Developing and Executing Training Techniques
McKinney Rogers-High Performance Training and Mission Analysis