Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly analytical and detail-oriented professional artist, with more than five years of extensive experience in graphic and web design. Experienced in almost all aspects of design; flexible to do both graphic design from book and brochure layout to front-end web development serving international clients from Korea, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka. Adept at producing innovative and original professional designs, with excellent eye for information hierarchy, typography, and color.
- Quick to adapt and willing to learn new skills; able to handle any role needed to finish a project.
- Competent leader and innovative in coming up with design projects that employers do not even realize they need for the betterment of the company and the community.
- Sociable with good interpersonal and communication skills; able to get along with people from all levels and different cultures.
- Deadline-focused; thrived in completing projects on time with quality outputs.
PORTFOLIO OF PROJECTS
Dakota Prairie Outdoors | Bismarck, ND, USA | 2018
- Designed the website through the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standard XHTML; CSS combined with PHP and MySQL database to store the show’s information and make it dynamically available through a flash player; and a WordPress blog that is also fully integrated to provide opportunity for the listeners to listen to the radio show online.
SOID NGO | Siem Reap, Cambodia | 2017
- Directed the initiative to develop a website that allows the NGO to collect donations from international sources. Utilized Drupal 6, a powerful open source content management system (CMS), which is the same system used by whitehouse.gov.
Asian Studies Study Abroad Program
Soonchunyang University, School of Global Education and Exchange | Asan, South Korea | 2017
- Led all efforts that meet the requirements and needs of both the management and students, including a brochure site to highlight all of the features of the program and of the university; a place to post program pictures, list all alumni of the program, and graphically display all of SCH’s sister schools around the world; and post announcements for current international students attending classes there.
- Utilized WordPress as content management system (CMS) of sorts to organize the content for the site as well as the Google maps to highlight the entire list of international sister schools that allow AJAX interaction (zooming in and out and other Google map interactions without reloading the page); a special PHP code written to allow WordPress to access the list of alumni in the MySQL database and display a given year of alumni from a drop down menu.
Bachmeier Chiropractic | Bismarck, ND, USA | 2016
- Devised a professional brochure site to inform visitors about chiropractic services, affiliations, and payment options utilizing W3C standard XHMTL and CSS.
Victory Martial Arts Gym | Brookings, SD and Sioux Falls, SD, USA | 2016
- Set-up a website that advertise the gym and highlight class schedules for current students through W3C standard XHTML and CSS, with Flash animations built in After Effects. Constructed a second gym website for another city location, matching the original one in style even with different colors used.
Winter English Camp Memory Book
Soonchunyang University, School of Global Education & Exchange | Asan, South Korea | 2019
- Designed a full color, 109-page, and embossed soft cover camp memory book; successfully accomplished the project in four weeks. The book provided the campers a way to relive their English camp experiences and also inform parents of all the fun activities that transpire at SCH English camp.
English Writing Center Banner
Soonchunhyang University, School of Global Education & Exchange | Asan, South Korea | 20108he hours of operation and the location of the English Writing Center that had been recently established on campus.
Sri Lanka Fun Tours Logo (2018)
Sri Lanka Fun Tours | Sri Lanka
- Established company identity and branding for a fledgling tourism business.
New Teacher’s Handbook (2016)
Soonchunhyang University, School of Global Education & Exchange | Asan, South Korea
- Spearheaded the design initiative of a much needed orientation handbook for newly hired foreign faculty at SCH. Compiled and wrote all of the content for the 90-page book; regularly updated each semester.
Bachmeier Chiropractic logo (2016)
Bachmeier Chiropractic Services | Bismarck, ND, USA
- Took inspiration from the Korean word for exercise in designing the organizational logo.
Freelance Designer | Korea • USA | 2012–Present
- Successfully designed and worked on projects ranging from small businesses to a large private university from Korea, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the United States.
Owner/Partner, Lead Designer
Bertrand Design, LLC | Brookings, SD, USA | 2012–2013
Graphic Designer/Technical Writer
Daktronics, Inc.| Brookings, SD, USA | 2011–2012
- Designed a layout for video products internal newsletters, brochures, and trade show banners; developed the first liquid crystal display brochure and pioneered a flash-based interactive sales application.
Soonchunhyang University | Chuncheongnam-do, South Korea
- ESL/EFL Instructor, University | 2017–2019
- ESL/EFL Instructor, Soonchunhyang University Hospital | 2018-2019
- ESL/EFL Instructor, Kyongbo Pharmaceutical | 2017–2019
- ESL/EFL Instructor, Elementary School | 2015–2017
- ESL/EFL Instructor, Asan Techno Valley, Hanhwa Group | 2015–2016
YBM ECC | Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea
- ESL/EFL Instructor, Elementary & Middle School | 2015
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design: 2011
South Dakota State University | Brookings, SD
Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign CS5 | Photoshop CS5 | Illustrator CS5 | Experienced in Adobe Flash |Acrobat | After Effects | Well-versed with Drupal 6 | Mac OS X / Windows |