Writer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Creative, articulate, and accomplished professional, with progressive years of experience in features writing and editing. Powered with in-depth knowledge in all aspects of feature sections, including stories, photos, calendars, and appealing appearance. Adept at writing articles to effectively increase profitability of business partners. Recognized for producing clear, coherent documentation within a deadline-driven work environment. Hands-on editor with the ability in leading, motivating, and coordinating technical teams and projects to achieve bottom-line results.
Xyz Company | Washington, DC
Assistant Features Editor | 2004-2018
- Created weekly articles regarding upcoming lifestyle and entertainment events, including plays, operas, movies, art shows, dance productions, lifestyle, and first persons.
- Effectively increased ticket sales on featured events through written articles.
- Worked with gallery owners and artistic directors for promotions and press releases through write ups.
- Directed photographers and designers in producing the final product.
- Carefully selected stories and calendars for 10 newspapers’ lifestyle sections.
- Reviewed and verified final versions and executed necessary arrangements on the layout of stories, photos, and calendars to boost appearance before sending newspapers out for publication.
- Collaborated with restaurant and movie reviewers in choosing topics; edited their columns and selected photos for the newspapers.
Freelance Writer | 2004
- Submitted articles for The Washington Post, The Gazette, The Writer’s Center, Washington Woman, and Agora.
Clothing Specialist | City, State
Owner | Real Estates
Wxy Company | Washington, DC
Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture: ABC University, San Luis Obispo, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art: University of CDE, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Secretary, Parents and Teachers Association
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) | Quark