Phone # / Cell Phone #
Well-organized, efficient, and performance-driven professional, with comprehensive years of experience in business development and military leadership, coupled with expertise in heavy and highway construction projects. Possess proven adeptness in leading and managing all phases of multi-site construction projects. Demonstrate competency in leading all phases of construction and development projects across multiple regions, including buildings, properties, complexes, and homes.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Project Management and Completion
Cost Optimization and Control
Contract Negotiation and Preparation
Building and Safety Code Enforcement
Strategic Business Planning
Process and Productivity Improvement
Regulatory Compliance and Quality Standards
Time Management and Prioritization
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
Leadership, Training, and Staff Motivation
Iroquois Paving Corporation | Monee, IL
PROJECT MANAGER | 2016-Present
Create and maintain of project schedules as well as cost reporting, while overseeing production, trucking, and materials. Closely monitor subcontractor activities while supervising company employees and crew. Manage project completion to ensure quality and safety throughout entire process. Function as primary point of contact in identifying and resolving complex problems related to project constructions. Direct multiple subcontractors for two development projects along with coordinating more than 15 personnel. Perform and coordinate asphalt, concrete, bridges, and underground, as well as grading jobs and projects.
- Spearheaded the creation of Excel spreadsheet to determine key needs, resulting in improved and efficient communication flow between operations manager and the rest of company employees.
- Played an integral role in the successful highway reconstruction project worth $3.5M; prevented late completion penalties through prompt response to utility issues and problems.
- Served as key innovator for the execution and completion of efficient, safe, and quality project; the project consequently nominated for the project of the year.
- Earned accolades from peers and management by achieving and maintaining excellent safety record throughout tenure; received job promotion as project manager.
- Delivered excellent customer service and ensured total satisfaction, resulting in cultivation of quality relationship with customers.
Quality Floor Care | Various Cities, IL
OWNER AND OPERATOR | 2013-2018
Applied distinctive leadership and best management approaches in directing entire business operations and activities, including sales and marketing, project cost estimations, project management, employee supervision, and customer service. Leveraged in-depth familiarity of basic accounting, ordering materials, and scheduling.
- Gained full knowledge of carpentry and wood flooring that led in the startup of a lucrative small business.
- Built and fostered customer relationships that promoted goodwill, and generated repeat as well as referral business that brought major contributions to sales and profit growth.
- Successfully managed propriety-owned business, servicing installation and refinish of wood floors.
Integrated Construction and Demolition | St. Louis, MO
PROJECT MANAGER | 2012-2015
Performed diverse tasks such as maintaining project schedules, administering all jobsite logistics and subcontractor activities, and supervising field employees while collaborating with building inspectors. Ensured overall compliance with government guidelines for tax credit purposes in coordinating various project constructions specializing in gut-rehab of commercial and residential buildings.
- Drove the attainment of business profitability through execution of $4M commercial construction projects in various construction phases.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills in determining and settling unresolved problems left by previous project manager.
Illinois Army National Guard | United States and Abroad
STAFF SERGEANT | 2010-2018
Fulfilled various positions such as leader, mentor, manager and instructor, responsible for the coordination and facilitation of training for unit personnel. Recognized for notable performance and received job promotion as the youngest sergeant in the entire unit history. Successfully obtained and completed veterans status.
- Gained numerous accolades such as three Army achievement medals and three Army accommodation medals for leadership and hard work during military tenure.
- Spearheaded the development and implementation of a training program for the Illinois National Guard, currently used as a model for other National Guard units throughout the United States
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, 2018
Governors State University | University Park, IL
COURSEWORK IN CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, 2016
Southern Illinois University | Edwardsville, IL
GENERAL ASSOCIATE DEGREE, 2016
Lewis and Clark Community College | Godfrey, IL
- Illinois Real Estate License (Ongoing)
- Class B Commercial Driver License
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour Training
- OSHA Hazmat 40-Hour Training
- American Concrete Institute Field Testing Technology
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation-First aid
- Primary Leadership Development
- Basic Surveying Course
- Construction Materials and Methods
- Blueprint Reading and Specifications
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint