Director of Casino Operations Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Table and Games / Casino Operations
Highly accomplished, tenacious, and seasoned professional, with comprehensive years and verifiable success in directing the overall casino and gaming operations within hospitality industry. Possess in depth knowledge of business management principles, such as strategic planning, human resources modeling, leadership, and training. Equipped with broad based background in managing and administering schedules, human resource functions, budgeting, vendor prospecting, contract negotiation, and acknowledgment of approvals from gaming commissions and regulatory compliance. Capable of directing the Slot and Table Games departments from conception to full operations. Strong management expertise in maintaining productive work environments toward successful attainment of corporate goals and objectives, combined with the ability to motivate and foster teamwork, and initiate procedures for continuous improvement in business operations and service. Adept at identifying customer needs, developing solutions, and achieving results out of diverse challenges and conflicting service requirements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Floor Design and Table Games Set up
- Casino Operations and Administration
- Dispute Identification and Resolutions
- Mississippi Gaming Laws
- Customer Service and Relations
- Leadership and Staff Motivation
- Regulatory Compliance and Standards
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
CASINO OPERATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
- Served as manager of both Slots and Tables; ensured compliance to departmental standards in conducting daily operational activities.
- Proficiently handled the creation of schedules and execution of player evaluations for Craps and High Limit.
- Functioned as manager of the Casino Host; oversaw and guaranteed the execution of established departmental and HR guidelines.
- Exemplified versatility and multitasking skills by performing diverse tasks, such as handling employees’ grievances and complaints, disciplining employees, planning and orchestrating work, providing for safety and security, and monitoring or implementing legal compliance matters.
- Provided strong leadership skills in securing attainment and implementation of Company’s Code of Commitment by associate as well as the fulfillment of guest needs and specifications.
- Proactively supervised and facilitated player and associate retention.
- Closely supervised and monitored the execution of established cost-containment and budgetary controls, along with the operations of internal affairs within the Table Games and Slot departments.
- Assumed full responsibility in managing the scheduling, ordering of supplies, and vendor contact.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Played an integral role in redefining and streamlining Ratings and Guest Service assistance, which resulted in repeat/referral business that brought major contributions to sales and profit growth.
- Drove the attainment of corporate goals and objectives by developing and motivating new supervisors and dealer.
- Oversaw and managed the maintenance of staffing levels to accommodate business needs.
- Maximized superior management capabilities in directing employees’ work while maintaining smooth production operations.
- Built and fostered customer relations that promoted goodwill, and generated repeat/referral business that brought major contributions to sales and profit growth.
- Successfully increased revenue by maximizing customer sales, leveraging quality customer service, and employing exceptional relationship-building skills.
- Delivered excellent customer service by addressing and resolving guest disputes and request in a prompt manner while adhering to set company policies and procedures.
STANDARD REGULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensured the completion and submission of MGC in compliance to federal, state, and local gaming regulations.
- Received new assignments, which included management and security of revenue standards.
- Spearheaded the development of associate in adherence to company policies and Title 31.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and implementing Internal Controls.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Contributed in the establishment and development of Project Team II – Innovation Team.
- Served as key innovator in the institution and completion of “Give Yourself a Raise” Program.
- Designed and implemented a training course for new recruits to further hone staff knowledge and skills, resulting in maximized workflow of the overall operations and increased company profitability.
LEADERSHIP AND STAFF MOTIVATION
- Acted as full-time supervisor; conducted service standards and instructional craps class.
- Effectively led and motivated personnel to deliver first-rate customer service and earn total client satisfaction.
- Meticulously managed employee’s performance, productivity, and efficiency in order to execute job promotions and appraisals.
COMPANY XYZ, Biloxi, MS
- Marketing, Executive Host Manager (2017-Present)
- Director of Table Games/Responsible Gaming
- Chairperson/Casino Operations Manager (2016-2017)
- Table Games Shift Manager/Table Games Manager (2014-2016)
COMPANY ABC, Biloxi, MS
- Pit Manager (2013-2014)
COMPANY CDE, Gulfport, MS
- Grave Casino Manager (2012-2013)
- Shift Manager (2006-2012)
COMPANY FGH, Falls Church, VA
- Dual Pit Boss / Supervisor (2004-2005)
- Floor Supervisor (2003-2004)
- Dual-Rate Dealer/ Supervisor (2002-2003)
- Table Games Dealer (2001-2002)
AWARDS AND HONORS
Community Service Award – District Attorney’s Office / Local Law Enforcement
Chairman’s Award Winner – Quarterly, Property and District Winner
Harrah’s Most Prestigious Award Companywide – Received for Community Service
New York Yankees, Bronx, NY (1983-1992)
Professional Baseball Player
Player professional Baseball – Major and Minor Leagues
Coached Community League – Babe Ruth Baseball
Chairperson, Tiffany Talley Scholarship Foundation (Donated $2,500 annual scholarships to local teens)
Golf, Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Fishing
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, CMS, and Salesforce