Manufacturing Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
FOCUS OF INTEREST: MANUFACTURING MANAGEMENT
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly accomplished, performance-driven, and diligent professional, with solid work experience and visible accomplishments in quality control operations, warranty management, and customer service. Armed with extensive background in OEM and aftermarket parts and service operations, complemented with broad-based familiarity in profit and loss, budgeting, inventory, purchasing, warehousing, and dealer training.
- Equipped with proven adeptness in providing astute leadership in establishing and maintaining strict compliance with company regulations.
- Expert in developing strategic business associations with customers through product support, employee relations, training, systems utilization toward successful attainment of corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask in fiercely competitive and fast-paced environment, without compromising quality and timely completion of projects.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Business Start-ups and Development
Manufacturing Management and Operations
Vendor Sourcing and Negotiations
Cost Control and Budget Implementation
Regulatory Compliance and Standards
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Customer Service and Support
Process and Productivity Improvement
Leadership, Training, and Team Collaboration
ABC INCORPORATED | GOSHEN, IN
Quality Control Manager (2017-2018)
Leveraged superior management capacities in establishing and directing the daily operations of quality control associates for six manufacturing plants and the pre-delivery inspection operation. Ensured complete compliance of all products with Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, Inc. (RVIA), American National Standard Institute (ANSI), Canadian Standard Association (CSA), and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) requirements through conducting effectual training and supervising associates. Demonstrated proficiency in conducting warranty data and system failure analyses while facilitating product development meetings.
- Drove the attainment of corporate goals and objectives related to maintenance of favorable customer quality expectations by planning, controlling, and executing the quality organization.
ABC INCORPORATED | GOSHEN, IN
National Customer Relations Manager (2012-2017)
Proficiently oversaw the warranty accrual of a $250M sales volume company. Directed and coordinated the recovery of warranty claim payouts from various component vendors. Developed productive relationship with field service technicians and in-house service technicians through management of their daily operations. Applied
best management practices in administering the business operations of the call center; managed the processing of more than 150,000 calls yearly. Coordinated the strategic execution in designing, creating, and implementing all retail owners’ manuals and dealer information resources. Recognized as active member of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Steering Committee; engaged in the selection and implementation of a new ERP system.
- Regarded as a Lean champion on a six-member Lean Steering Committee; served as major contributor in the development of the organizational Lean initiatives all throughout the manufacturing plants.
- Played a key role in creating and implementing web-based self-service applications for dealer base to process warranty claims and order replacement parts.
- Contributed in the conceptualization, design, and administration of a recall tracking database to monitor and report the status of recalls in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Led the instigation and establishment of an in-house training center for service associates from company dealer base.
- Established win-win resolution for warranty disagreements through effective negotiation with dealers and retail end users.
- Efficiently identified warranty claim fraud through design, formulation, and implementation of a warranty claim data tracking database; took part in resolving repetitive issues by reporting to manufacturing operations.
DEFG CORPORATION | LAGRANGE, IN
Director of Customer Service and Quality Control (2007-2012)
Conceptualized and adopted innovative ideas in designing and establishing the organization’s part warehousing and shipping functions. Provided strong leadership skills in supervising the daily operations of field service technicians and in-house service technicians as well as the quality control technicians. Closely supervised and monitored the warranty accrual of a $50M sales volume company. Expertly administered the recovery of warranty claim payouts from various component vendors. Exemplified multifaceted approaches in performing diverse tasks, such as hiring associates, administering employee relations, and conducting trainings. Designed and implemented all owners’ manuals, dealer parts catalogs, and warranty information resources. Identified and resolved quality issues through development and execution of a quality audit tracking database.
- Successfully streamlined the product acceptance, sales, and customer service by utilizing key performance indicators in overseeing quality objectives; led all initiatives for the company to achieve performance standards and operating plans.
- Served as Lean champion; contributed in the planning, coordination, and execution of the company’s Lean initiatives throughout the manufacturing plants.
- Executed the instigation and development of the organization’s warranty claim tracking system, vendor recovery program, recall tracking and reporting, as well as the TREAD reporting.
HIJK INC. | ELKHART, IN
National Parts and Warranty Manager (2000-2007)
LMNO CORPORATION | DES PLAINES, IL
Automotive Aftermarket Parts Retail Various Management Positions (1994-2000)
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Technician Certification
Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, Inc. (RVIA)/Recreational Vehicle Dealers’ Association (RVDA)/ Ivy Tech
Customer Service Management Certification
Indiana University Advanced Manufacturing Champion Certification
Purdue University MEP Senior Management Development Training and various Continuing Education Classes
National Association of Realtors
Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Access, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
Adobe Acrobat Reader Professional, PageMaker, Photoshop, and InDesign
Various ERP and MRP systems, Motorola Micro System, MAS 90, MAS 200, and Dynamix AX