Copy Editor Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Detail-oriented, meticulous and focused professional, with a proven track record of success in providing superior editing, transcribing, proofreading and administration skills. Recognized for delivering deadline-critical and high-quality work; accustomed to handling multiple tasks while ensuring adherence with company and professional standards. Powered with exceptional written communication, grammar and editing skills, along with strong capability to express thoughts clearly and effectively. Personable professional with strong work ethic and remarkable client negotiation skills.
- Respond quickly and properly to changing circumstances; assess problems, formulate comprehensive decisions to achieve positive change, and refocus on new priorities.
- Effectively render hands-on direction to all administrative duties in support of the management.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION
- Handle multiple tasks without compromising quality and accuracy while applying sound judgment throughout the decision-making processes.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise, direct and guide individuals and groups toward the completion of tasks and fulfillment of goals.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS / CLIENT SERVICE
- Apply knowledge of principles and processes in providing client and personal services, assessing client needs, meeting quality standards for services and evaluating client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate expertise in providing diplomatic solution to client’s problems and conflicts.
- Consistently maintain high levels of professionalism and integrity in dealing with clients and building long-term relationship with all levels of management.
- Guarantee maximum and efficient service delivery without risking high standard of excellence and client satisfaction.
XZY CORPORATION, IRVINE, CA
TECHNICAL WRITER | 2016-PRESENT
- Function effectively in accurately writing and reviewing the RFP, RFQ, solicitation and bid documents to identify necessary content in response documents.
- Verify consistency of technical and non-technical documents as well as proposal accuracy for content and compliance by conducting thorough proofing and editing.
- Proficiently accomplish litigation research and preparation of expert witness documents.
- Comply with standards and templates in presenting a creative appearance and style that are consistent with corporate identity.
- Successfully edited and re-wrote the health and safety manual for the southwest business unit.
- Played an integral role in carrying out long litigation research and analysis, which produced evidence and documents to support and win case; secured the firm’s reputation through the success in litigation.
- Extensively conduct in-house research and editing, which saved money in outsourcing firm’s needs.
ABC COMPANY, SARASOTA, FL
LEGAL SECRETARY | 2014-2016
- Worked as a legal secretary to Michael L. Resnick, Esquire.
- Handled the coordination and scheduling of all hearings, depositions and trials.
- Accurately transcribed tapes and prepared all correspondence.
DEF MARKETING, SARASOTA, FL
ACCOUNT MANAGER | 2013-2014
- Carried out the deployment of weekly programs for clients, such as Best Buy, MTV and Hasbro with product store sets.
- Precisely executed effective market research.
- Efficiently composed weekly bulletins for representatives to follow during their store sets.
- Skillfully formulated Internet-based, job-related questions for representatives; developed accurate statistical reports for clients.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing weekly training systems for in-store representatives for specific clients.
- Significantly augmented client sales with strategized product placement in numerous stores.
GHI COMPANY, GAINESVILLE, GA
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | 2011-2013
- Successfully prepared bi-monthly copy machine meter reports for 500 companies.
- Demonstrated expertise in composing all business memos, documents and manuals for the company president.
- Took charge of FedEx shipping and receiving of toner and part orders.
JKL COMPANY, NASHVILLE, IN
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | 2008-2010
- Effectively managed and operated the front office of a mortgage company.
- Rendered support to new clients in completing forms, and assigned them to appropriate people for assistance.
- Conducted daily bank deposits.
Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
GHIJ University, Phoenix, AZ
In Progress (Expected Date of Completion: 2019)
Bachelor of Arts in English and Technical and Professional Writing | Graduated summa cum laude
University of STUV University, Tampa, FL
Coursework in English
IJK University, Bloomington, Bloomington, IN
AWARDS AND HONORS
English Honor Society
Microsoft Office | Adobe Framework | Adobe Dreamweaver | Adobe Flash