Freelance Artist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Innovate constantly; blending excellent painting skills, strong technical background and cutting edge creativity to create innovative and award-winning illustrations and murals.
Highly-organized, dedicated and accomplished freelance artist, offering broad-based experience and professional development in both traditional and digital media. Combine comprehensive background in creating and leading innovative and dynamic artworks with emphasis in concept, detail and style. Self-motivated leader; equipped with masterful understanding of all aspects of the media and communication. Established a reputation for delivering high quality work on time, managing a broad range of responsibilities, and striving under pressure. Able to “own” the material and make smart decisions based on the content, not just on instructions. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Concept, Detail and Style
Traditional Art Media
Team Building and Leadership
Freelance Artist and Concept Story Board Artist
XYZ Productions, Santa Cruz, CA
- Established exciting artistic style and character design as for cartoon series production, and completed storyboards, characters, tiles and textures renderings for 3D animators and conceptual paintings.
- Served as lead/conceptual artist to Brian Mattson, providing completion of storyboards, tiles, characters as well as advertisements for cartoon presentations.
- Produced stylized/realistic photo retouch, and learned quick storyboards.
- Raised awareness to contractors’ products through completion of quick turnarounds for publications around bay area, and boosted sales through creation of web and publications.
C.D.E Hotels & Restaurants Group, San Francisco, CA
- Successfully won awards in mural competition with 40 Kimpton hotels nationwide. Received 2nd place for Puccini and Pinetti restaurant and 3rd place for The Monticello Inn.
- Handpicked to create and retouch mural projects, faux finishes and highly detailed moulding projects.
- Planned, utilized and painted murals for numerous properties in San Francisco.
- Applied multiple techniques and different styles, progressively learning new ideas quickly.
- Played a vital role in the company’s continued recognition and the mural’s attracted attention of tourists.
- Created murals and paintings for the hotel chain, consistently meeting deadlines within high-traffic areas.
EFGs, San Francisco, CA
- Pioneered product and brochure design, bringing and integrating new ideas and modernized look to an “organic-techno” feel.
- Expertly rendered and implemented realistic photo manipulation and photo composites.
- Proficiently designed eye-catching 15 ft. banners for the annual “CosmoProf” conventions in Las Vegas, Nevada.
HIJ Properties, San Francisco, CA
Vargas Properties, San Francisco, CA
COURSEWORK IN 3D STUDIO MAX AND 2D FLASH: 2016
K.L.M College | San Francisco, CA
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS IN FINE ART ILLUSTRATION: 2008
Academy of Art University | San Francisco, CA
Coursework: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Painter
Independent Game Developers Association (IGDA) San Francisco
Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles
Certified Expert in Adobe Photoshop | Adobe Illustrator | Lightbox | Corel Painter | 3D Studio MAX | Personal Computer and Macintosh Applications