Project Architect Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly capable and talented architect with more than 10 years of extensive experience in the design, research, and inspection of commercial and institutional structures. Possesses adeptness in the preparation of design drawings that are functional, safe and economical and more importantly, match the clients’ needs, desires, and expectations; well-honed communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with clients and other consultants from the development of ideas to establishment of budgets to the final project; experience in dealing with all project stakeholders involved in the construction and review process of projects, including all design and construction documents in order to properly manage, review and coordinate with contractors.
Additional Key Skills:
Carpentry * Woodwork * Plumbing * Landscaping
AutoCAD 2011 * Revit * 3-D Studio MAX * 3D Studio VIZ
* Photoshop * SketchUp * MS PowerPoint * MS Excel * MS Word
Bachelor of Architecture Degree: 2001
ABC College, School of
Architecture, Newark, NJ
Associate in Architectural Engineering Degree: 1997
DEF College, Cranford, NJ
OVERVIEW OF ACCOUNTABILITIES
Research & Design
- Prepare detailed drawings for construction documents and for pre-bid/bid meetings, outlining mock-ups of project drawing sets and researching code requirements and materials.
- Manage and reviewed shop drawings and requests for information (RFIs).
- Conduct inspection and survey on field’s existing conditions and requirements to suit the client’s design preference.
- Coordinate with consultants in preparing presentation drawings and schematic designs. Document Preparation & Assessment
- Handle the preparation of construction documents, including plans, elevations and sections; reviewed punch lists for compliance with architectural drawings and building codes.
- Ensure the proper coordination and cross-referencing of documents including the work of consultants while processing change orders, RFIs and request for clarifications.
- Assess and reviewed consultant’s drawing for possible conflicts and interference with architectural drawings and other consultants’ drawing.
- Investigate product literature and materials in order to create a descriptive and practical reference manual of specifications.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with project stakeholders and parties involved in the design and construction process.
- Attend field meetings and reviewed field meeting agendas.
Company GHI, Springfield, NJ
- Company ABC (Newark, NJ)
- Company DEF (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Company GHIJ Community Center Re-Roofing Project (Anna St. Elizabeth, NJ)
- KLM Building (Rahway Avenue,Elizabeth, NJ)
- Company NOP Restoration (Caldwell St. Union, NJ)
- Company QRST (Rahway Avenue Elizabeth, NJ)
Company JKL, PA
Apr 2003-Aug 2009
- Company ABCDE. (New Headquarters, Allentown, PA)
- Company FGHI (East Hanover Township), Company JKLM (Yonkers NY), and Company NOPQ(Harrington Delaware) Racecinos
- Company RSTU / VWX Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
Company MNO, NJ
Jun 2001-Apr 2003
- Company DEF Systems (Jersey City, NJ)
- EFGH University (Jersey City, NJ)
- Company STU – PS #’s 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 24, 25, 30, & OPQ School (Paterson, NJ)
- WXYZ School Districts (South Orange, NJ)
- ABCD School (Phillipsburg, NJ)
- Company EFGH (Egg Harbor Township, NJ)
- Company LMNOP Renewal Project (Elizabeth, NJ)
Company PQR , NJ | Summer 2000
Company STU, Elizabeth, NJ | Summer 1999
Company VWX , Edison, NJ | 1998-1999
Army Corps of Engineers | 2002
- Participated in national competition for Pentagon Memorial following the September 11, 2001 tragedy.
Member, American Institute of Architectural Students
(A.I.A.S) | 1996-1998
- Partcipated in the 1996 design competition.
Vocational Industrial Club of America (V.I.C.A.) | 1992-1993
- Awarded first prize in a nationwide architectural competition open to high school students.