Phone # / Cell Phone #
IT / Software Project Manager
Experienced technical professional with the ability to lead diverse teams in a variety of highly competitive environments. Possess 20 years of hands-on experience in project management and software development including work with real-time, critical, and man-rated systems. Demonstrated record of success in coordinating with team members and clients to successfully deliver software and hardware projects on time and on budget.
- Organized and Detail Oriented
- Written and Spoken Communication
- Problem Identification and Resolution
- Technical and Analytical Skills
- Versatile Software Developer
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Process Development and Improvement
- Interpersonal Relations Management
Technical Skills Summary
- Programming Languages: C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C/C++
- Formatting Languages: DHTML, CSS, HTML / XHTML
- Database Platforms: SQL, MySQL, Access
- Graphics Packages: Photoshop
- Web Servers: Microsoft IIS, Apache
- Web Editors: Dreamweaver, Expression Web
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 / Vista / XP / NT / 2000 / Server, Linux, UNIX System V
- Office Software: Outlook, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint
- Lead the successful establishment of Asset Web Design and kept the company competitive and profitable throughout a decade of technology and market changes.
- Achieved a 77% bid award rate by creating one of the first CMSs (content management systems) available to small businesses and including it with each project at no cost.
- Created a 62% cost savings per project by negotiating relationships with subcontractors for routine development tasks such as graphics design.
- Saved the company over $230,000 by standardizing routine in-house tasks thus allowing them to be delegated to less-specialized personnel.
Asset Web Design | Pearland, TX
Owner / Lead Developer | June 1999 − Present
Establish and manage overall business functions for core general purpose software design and development team consisting of graphics designers, web designers, software developers, and salespeople.Assist in the selection of projects to bid upon. Manage all aspects of software and hardware projects throughout their lifecycle. Work as software developer in integrating software projects with current business systems, including database schema design, user and software interface design, testing and final installation. Hire temporary team members as needed. Coordinate with team members and clients to ensure that any problems are identified and resolved. Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Substantially reduced number of custom quotes by creating standardized development packages.
- Increased project value by developing and including CMS (content management system).
- Created system for tracking employee and subcontractor timecards against project budgets.
- Developed and executed sales and marketing strategies while hiring and training sales personnel.
TradeCast | Houston, TX
Exchange Lead / Stock Trading Software Developer | June 1997 – June 1999
Developed “translation servers” which filed real-time stock trades with NASDAQ, NYSE, CBOT, etc.
C/C++ / Windows
Johnson Engineering (NASA / WETF & NBL) | Houston, TX
Software Lead / Robotics Software Developer | Sept 1996 – June 1997
Worked on integrating real-time robotics software with the newly built space shuttle robotic training arm
C/C++ / Windows / real-time platform
Johnson Engineering (NASA / Mock-up and Trainer Facility) | Houston, TX
Simulation Software Developer | Sept 1992 – Sept 1996
Worked in rapid prototyping lab to create Space Station mock-ups for astronaut evaluation
C / Windows / embedded processors
AAction Games | Houston, TX
Video Game Programmer | Nov 1989 – Sept 1992
Developed real-time strategy video games for deployment on pay-per-hour online systems
C / UNIX
Master of Science in Computer Science
University of Houston | Houston, TX
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Minor in Computer Science
University of Houston | Houston, TX
Awards and Honors
Technology Innovator Award, NASA
Recognized Employee, Johnson Engineering
ANSYS News Magazine, Third Quarter, – Project Write-up
Hydraulics and Pneumatics Magazine – Project Write-up
Member and PMP (Project Management Professional) certification candidate, Project Management Institute
Pearland Community Gardens (PCG),
Volunteer Teacher / Software Support, HAL-PC (Houston Area League of Personal Computer Users, Inc.)