Do you want to innovate housing while fostering the sense of community? Do you want to lead a team? We found the perfect career for you. Know more about this senior role through this vice president of real estate resume examples.
What Does a Vice President of Real Estate Do?
This person leads a team which holds all aspects of real estate development. This post works closely with the president and other key leaders to carry out the duties. Another task is looking for cheap yet quality housing areas through public and private sources. This person will then lead the team to do zoning analysis, financial feasibility, and grant writing to close the deal. Then, manage the construction of the land. Thus, this role needs someone with strong planning skills. Finally, one must also possess great communication skill. This is helpful in building partnerships among investors and future clients.
Vice President of Real Estate Resume Examples and Tips
Do you want to land this senior post? Then apply these tips to your VP real estate resume.
Include your extensive work history in your resume. Usually, this post requires more than ten years of experience. Also, consider taking an advanced degree and training to qualify for this level. Lastly, you must highlight your leadership skills. Want to know how? Check out this vice president of real estate resume sample.
Phone # / Cell Phone #
VICE PRESIDENT OF REAL ESTATE
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly accomplished, tenacious, and seasoned professional, powered with progressive years of work experience and verifiable success in directing site selection, construction, lease negotiations, architecture, facilities maintenance, property management, facilities, procurement, and market analysis. Natural and dedicated leader with proven adeptness in leading and motivating employees to improve efficiency, productivity, and business processes toward successful attainment of organizational goals.
- Equipped with extensive background in providing astute leadership, vision, and market knowledge in directing cross-functional teams, managing property functions, and developing innovative strategies for the multi-year country rollout plan.
- Successful in supervising the establishment and instigation of approximately 30 suitable ‘big box’ sites yearly within China, United Kingdom, and Mexico.
- Capable of working with diversified community and professional groups, employing exceptional talent in establishing excellent rapport with individuals of all socio-economic levels.
- Well-versed at developing global capabilities and process, resulting in the execution and completion of international business plan.
Strategic Business Development
Negotiation and Contract Administration
Sales Planning and Forecasting
Cost Control and Budget Implementation
Demographic and Market Trend Assessment
Reports Documentation and Analysis
Regulatory Compliance and Standard Procedures
Process and Productivity Improvement
Customer Service and Relations
Leadership, Training, and Staff Motivation
ENTERPRISE SENIOR PROPERTY DIRECTOR
BEST BUY INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, Minneapolis, MN | 2009-Present
- Apply superior management skills in directing the post-merger integration of 5 star acquisition properties’ processes, growth strategy, and implementation, which included hiring, training, administration, and management of project teams within properties.
- Determine staffing requirements; hire, recruit, interview, and train properties teams to expand Best Buy in UK, China, and Mexico.
- Maintain ongoing and professional relationships with the CEO and Real Estate Vice President while developing and administering the store development roadmap and processes as well as the creation and execution of strategy agreement within the financial budgets and timelines.
- Handle the administration of profit and loss for the Best Buy Department.
- Provide expert oversight in managing the Best Buy US Real Estate processes and transforming them into applicable cultures in other countries.
- Closely supervise the completion and implementation of a comprehensive real estate, design, procurement, architecture /construction, and portfolio management plan, including the disposal of underperforming stores and long-range program for corporate office maintenance.
- Expertly administer and supervise the design and implementation of prototype stores, change processes, and development of store differentiators.
- Demonstrated and utilized effective management expertise in evaluating performance, setting objectives, developing staff, and implementing policy adherence and behavior in line with company values.
- Meticulously led the recruitment and supervision of Real Estate, Architecture, Design, Market Analysis, and Procurement departments in support of Best Buy business startup in the UK.
- Strictly complied with best practices and ensured consistency along the store network and enterprise brand by directing the benchmarking of key performance indicators and major processes.
- Increased organizational revenue by providing the highest possible quality and lowest probable cost upon implementation of creative alternatives and strategies; ensured new store site’s optimum performance while augmenting cash and returns.
- Broadened knowledge and skills of teams through effective coaching, performance improvement, and career planning.
- Served as major contributor in the identification and implementation of market entry strategy in the UK and second wave in Mexico.
- Enhanced the quality of projects delivered, systems, and processes for an end-to-end property development team.
- Maximized business workflow by initiating and enforcing a performance management process and site selection process.
- Led the creation and completion of various initiatives for the Construction and Architecture Team, along with the documentation of strategy and site selection criteria.
- Dealt with the refinement and expansion of the retail model to support the brand and overall retail concept.
- Held responsible for disposing of over $60M in excess properties.
- Successfully negotiated and produced 37 deals including property dispositions, distribution centers ($7M in state incentives), and new stores for bby big box.
- Played a key role as the primary point of contact for all new acquisition plans and roll out strategies including pacific sales from a 9 store chain to a 30 store chain within 18 months as well as 5 stars china from 60 stores to 162 stores within 2 years.
- Capably managed and coordinated the end-to-end delivery of the stores from site selection to construction until grand opening.
DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE
BEST BUY STORES, LP, Minneapolis, MN | 2005-2008
- Directed, coordinated, and developed site disposition strategy and processes, consisting of financial objectives development and forecasting, identification of areas for improvement, performance metrics, and risk management.
- Thoroughly evaluated and presented sites to the R.E. Committee for approval.
- Proficiently handled and expedited development projects and land scales as well as due diligence.
- Oversaw the negotiation and completion of leases, letters of intent, subleases, lease extensions, and terminations.
- Coordinated strategic execution in determining and managing business plan for territory store rollout/remodel program for Best Buy and Pacific Sales brands.
- Carried out and completed multiple national real estate projects, such as new sites, renewals, relocations, and dispositions with full budget accountability.
- Spearheaded the implementation and coordination of all phases of site selection, leasing, plan development, municipal approvals, scheduling, and construction for Pacific Sales brand, which resulted in significant expansion of portfolio size within a year.
- Strictly monitored and managed site assembly and identification along with leasing of existing buildings for Best Buy US brands in two territories.
- Led efforts in reducing organizational risk and assets by 75% within two years.
REAL ESTATE MANAGER / OPERATIONS FIELD DIRECTOR
NATIONAL BOOK WAREHOUSE, INC., Knoxville, TN | 1999-2005
- Administered and secured locations of 75-100 short-term retail operations and up to 10 permanent retail locations annually from inception to operation, including site identification, department approval, lease negotiations, and issuance of applicable city permits in 40 states.
- Conducted comprehensive research and analysis that integrated tenant line-up, demographics, shopping trends, and traffic patterns, resulting in the development and execution of plans for new market penetration.
- Applied dynamic leadership skills in supervising an external team of real estate brokers and other consultants to ensure timely procurement of locations.
- Rendered efficient service in negotiating terms and conditions of letters of intent and leases.
- Supported and contributed in the creation and review of lease documents and amendments.
- Applied advanced skills in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports as well as yearly marketing plan consisting of advertisement designs for trade journals, marketing budgets, advertisement placement, PR, and real estate webpage design.
- Expertly led and managed the daily operations of 38 temporary bookstores and employees, including store development, set-up, staffing, and personnel maintenance.
- Managed and maintained expense and payroll budgets for territory to ensure that operations are within budget constraints.
- Implemented staff and structure realignment that led in the augmentation of profit and reduction of payroll budget by 48%.
- Earned recognition for meeting and surpassing sales goals by more than 46%.
- Functioned as key member in conceptualizing and enforcing operational guidelines and company policies and procedures.
PUBLICITY AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER
E-QUALITY | 1997-1999
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ENGLISH
University of Minnesota | Morris, MN
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HISTORY
University of Minnesota | Morris, MN
Start Your Career Journey Now!
Support communities by leading teams that build affordable housing. Use this chance to hone your skills and advance your career. Want to find other blogs related to vice president of real estate resume examples? Resume4Dummies has a variety of blogs and free resume templates. Explore our site and see our best resume writing service deals!