Phone # / Cell Phone #
CHIEF OF POLICE
Denison, Texas Police Department
Astute, highly accomplished, and dedicated police officer, with solid academic foundation and comprehensive years of experience in leadership/management, tactical training, and law enforcement. Armed with verifiable success in providing strong management and hands-on leadership to the daily operations of the police department, including patrol, traffic, criminal investigations, support services, community services, and city marshal’s office administration. Equipped with extensive background in Criminal Investigations and Patrol, complemented with 29 years of highly decorated U.S. Army service highlighted by assignments in the famed Berlin Brigade and deployments during Operation Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom during the Global War On Terrorism. Exhibited quality performance in intelligence and psychological operations through several years of experience as Special Operations Forces Operator. Broad-based knowledge in force protection, convoy operations, weapons handling, and close quarters battle. Served meritoriously in the highest levels of the non-commissioned officer corps by demonstrating exemplary leadership and management skills during peacetime and during combat operations.
- Received commendation for outstanding performance through exemplifying exceptional situational problem-solving and analytical skills, professionalism, and integrity at all times.
- Exemplified outstanding observation, sound judgment, and resourcefulness in identifying and resolving complaints and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Diplomatically collaborated with various officials in developing and implementing operational procedures toward successful completion of strategic goals and objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Law Enforcement and Principles
Public Safety and Citizen Service
Emergency Management and Preparedness
Tactical Planning and Investigative Research
Policy Development and Implementation
Servant Leadership, Training, and Staff Motivation
Regulatory Compliance and Standards
Budget Development, Justifications, and Proposals
Quality Performance and Evaluation
Problem-Oriented Policing Techniques and Application
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF POLICE, ROWLETT POLICE DEPARTMENT, ROWLETT, TX
ASSISTANT CHIEF OF POLICE, 2012-PRESENT
Leverage superior management capacities in directing the daily operations of functional divisions within the Police Department. Closely supervise and monitor the departmental budget; meticulously manage the approval of requisitions and handle the preparation and submission of budget along with research and justification. Develop productive working relationship with the Chief of Police by providing administrative support in adherence of policies and procedures, execution of the Chief’s vision for the organization, and ensuring good order and discipline. Assume full leadership role in performing Chief of Police duties during his absence. Interface and regularly communicate with City Manager, City Attorney, Mayor, as well as Council and other city departments. Provide strong leadership skills in coordinating assigned tasks while supervising Commanders on administrative and operational activities of the Patrol Division, Criminal Investigations, Traffic Division, Support Services, Community Services, and City Marshal’s Office. Apply best management practices in managing administrative functions, such as training, personnel management, and personnel recognition. Demonstrate proficiency in conducting yearly performance appraisals for direct reports and career development consultation. Fulfill the position and duties of Incident Commander during critical incidents and situations. Effectively functioned as Chairman of the Departmental Policy Review Committee and Training Committee. Participate in the city’s Special Event Committee, planning, organizing, and facilitating special events. Acquire and strengthen public relations expertise by attending and performing public speaking engagements for various community organizations.
- Served as major contributor in the research, policy development, and implementation of the Traffic Division, the City Marshal’s Office, and Community Services Division
- Played a pivotal role in transitioning the department’s traditional recruit field training model into Police Training Officer Program.
- Played a pivotal role in moving the department towards a community policing and problem oriented policing agency.
- Modified and implemented changes on policy and procedure; meticulously managed the implementation of local, state, and federal legislative amendments.
- Provided exemplary assistance to Lexipol Advisory Group in the successful development and implementation of Texas Policy Manual.
- Took part in the creation of departmental work plan and performance measures development process.
- Maximized productivity and efficiency of the departmental organization and operations through integration and implementation of Code Enforcement, Health, and Animal Services into the department’s Community Services Division.
PATROL DIVISION, ROWLETT POLICE DEPARTMENT, ROWLETT, TX
LIEUTENANT/WATCH COMMANDER, 2008-2013
Directed and coordinated the day-to-day operations of a patrol shift consisting of one sergeant and nine police officers; displayed unsurpassed leadership and guidance in providing effectual training and supervision to various police officers. Expertly administered the staffing, scheduling, and overtime expenditures as well as the report analysis and time sheets. Established open communication channels and smooth information flows between City Maintenance Shop and IT to effectively determine and address equipment maintenance issues. Managed the procurement of purchase quotes, bids, and equipment. Assigned Command of the Special Weapons and Tactics Unit; exemplified commitment sharing knowledge and facilitating training to assigned personnel. Established rapport with numerous officers by supervising the Department Training Committee and Departmental Firearms Instructor Team.
- Executed tactical planning skills in identifying and resolving problems in the areas of traffic enforcement, code enforcement, and crime investigations.
- Initiated the successful completion and implementation of Physical Fitness and Wellness Program.
- Rendered unparalleled service in providing prompt response to citizen complaints and inquiries; conducted disciplinary process, as necessary.
- Spearheaded the creation and execution of officer’s performance appraisals, along with budget requests, program proposals, and justifications.
- Commanded the Special Weapons and tactics Unit during high risk operations.
Patrol Division, Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Sergeant, 2004-2008
Criminal Investigations Division, Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Sergeant, 2002-2005
Patrol Division, Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Sergeant, 1994-2002
Criminal Investigations Division | Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Investigator, 2002-2004
Patrol Division | Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Patrol Officer, 1993-1994
Criminal Investigations Divisions | Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Investigator, 1992-1993
Patrol Divisions | Rowlett Police Department, Rowlett, TX, Patrol Officer, 1989-1992
Detention Bureau | Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, Dallas County, TX Deputy Sherriff, 1988-1999
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science in Criminal Justice, GPA: 3.6 | Expected Graduation: Summer 2012
Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX | Grayson County College, Denison, TX
Leadership Rowlett Program, Class XV, 2013
Class #46, LEMIT, Leadership and Command College, 2012
210th Session, FBI National Academy, 2010
Class #52, ILEA, School of Police Supervision, 1999
3000 Hours of TCLEOSE In-Service Training
Master Police Officer Certification
TCLEOSE Instructor License
TCLEOSE Firearms Instructor Certification
FBI Basic Instructor Certification
Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research Advanced Physical Fitness Specialist
Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research Biomechanics of Strength Training Certification
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Certifications
National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS 400 Training
AWARDS AND HONORS
Superior Physical Fitness Award
Supervisor of the Year Award
Superior Unit Award
Police Commendation Award
20 Letters of Appreciation/Commendation
Meritorious Service Medal (One Oak Leaf Cluster)
Marine Combat Action Ribbon
Meritorious Unit Commendation
Valorous Unit Citation
Navy Meritorious Unit Citation (Valor)
Army Commendation Medal (Three Oak Leaf Clusters)
Army Achievement Medal (One Oak Leaf Cluster)
Southwest Asia Campaign Medal (Three Campaign Stars)
Kuwaiti Liberation Medal-Saudi Arabia
Kuwaiti Liberation Medal-Kuwait
Humanitarian Service Medal
Army Berlin Occupation Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal (Silver Hourglass/Two “M” Device)
4 NCO Professional Development Ribbon
Army Service Ribbon
Overseas Service Ribbon
Navy Unit Commendation (Valor)
Good Conduct Medal
Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership
International Association of Chiefs of Police
Texas Police Chief’s Association
North Texas Police Chief’s Association
FBI National Academy Associates
Leadership and Command College Alumni Association
Texas Tactical Police Officers Association
National Tactical Police Officers Association
Texas Police Association
National Academy of Sports Medicine
Veterans of Foreign Wars
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Software Programs Specializing Law Enforcement Operations